Options

Print Question

MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
edited July 20, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I just received a print finished on a .5 inch foam board of some type with a nice black finish on the edges. It is beautiful, thank you.

I have a question. There are 4 holes drilled on the back (about 3/8 inch) for hanging.

What do you use to attach them to the wall? Is there something available to make them secure?
Cheers,
Monte

Comments

• Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2012
    Montec wrote: »
    I just received a print finished on a .5 inch foam board of some type with a nice black finish on the edges. It is beautiful, thank you.

I have a question. There are 4 holes drilled on the back (about 3/8 inch) for hanging.

What do you use to attach them to the wall? Is there something available to make them secure?
    I have several of of those mounted prints in the house. They are very nice.
    For hanging, I use just a 4D nail. On the back, I did place a felt pad on each lower corner just to keep the print off the wall and help keep it straight.

As goes with all picture hanging, really depends on the surface you're mounting on and the weight of the picture. Check with the local frame shop or hardware store for hangers that are suitable for the wall type and weight of the picture.
  • Options
    MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2012
    Thanks for that info. I was concerned that there is no indent of any kind inside the hole, what keeps it from slipping off the nail?

The felt is a great idea BTW.
    Cheers,
    Monte