Options

manage pricelists counts incorrect

jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
edited July 25, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
The count for my pricelists are wrong! :scratch

I have one photo in a gallery of 5x7 images that is a 4x6. I specifically priced it as a 4x6. That single image does not show up next to the pricelist I assigned (it still shows ZERO). However, if I go to edit that pricelist (it still shows ZERO) and click on the individual images count, then it shows "1" in the upper-right "selected" button.

I am now wondering how accurate the counts are.
How can this be verified and fixed?
Thanks.
Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
FacebookFlickrSmugMug
SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
(use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 21, 2012
    Johnny,

If you can email us on the help desk with a link to the gallery/photo in question, we can take a look and see what is happening.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Pure EnergyPure Energy Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2012
    docwalker wrote: »
    Johnny,

If you can email us on the help desk with a link to the gallery/photo in question, we can take a look and see what is happening.

I posted about this problem about two weeks ago: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=211563&page=19 (post #367) with no one bothering to take notice.

If anyone at SmugMug has their own account, try uploading a photo to a new gallery with a non-default pricelist that has other galleries associated with it. Then go to manage pricelists to get number count #1. Now go to manage pricelist and open it up and click on galleries to see the galleries associated with that price list (selected # in green) and you'll have your number count #2. I'd bet that #1 does not match #2 for you too. Or better yet, if you upload a lot of galleries on a regular basis to non-default price-lists... perhaps you could check your own account before asking for screenshots.

I did find a way to get a more accurate number but with the problem persisting, I'd say both numbers are inaccurate. When this is fixed it sure would be nice to have the number of galleries associated with the default list. As it stands now, there is no easy way to confirm which galleries have the default pricing. It sure would be nice to easily go in and assign the appropriate galleries a different price-list, just like we can for any other pricelist. This should be a no-brainer but just in case, Vote here: http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/1...ault-pricelist
  • Options
    jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2012
    You are correct. I have exactly the same problem as you reported! Goodness, are the Smugmug Heroes dropping the ball on this? I sure hope not.
    Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
    (use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2012
    jchin wrote: »
    You are correct. I have exactly the same problem as you reported! Goodness, are the Smugmug Heroes dropping the ball on this? I sure hope not.

Yes, SM seems to be dropping the ball on addressing this issue.

I just checked and in the manage pricelists screen I still have a pricelist showing as only having one gallery associated with it. Funny thing is I know there are at least five, if not more. Another pricelist had 10+ but actually has 100+ assigned to it.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2012
    Yes, SM seems to be dropping the ball on addressing this issue.

I just checked and in the manage pricelists screen I still have a pricelist showing as only having one gallery associated with it. Funny thing is I know there are at least five, if not more. Another pricelist had 10+ but actually has 100+ assigned to it.
    Please email the HelpDesk with the pricelists in question so we can take a look. Thanks!
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2012
    My computer refused to tell me what it wanted so I spent today trying to safely close everything out, update to Firefox14, and get the latest version of Adobe Flash. I just crossed my fingers that would be the reason the manage pricelists screen wasn't showing accurate information. Before I could even check to see, I got the latest news pop-up from SM upon logging in, regarding pricelists. I'm a little bit out of it with a caffeine headache but it feels like August and that July date for the news release seems like a long time ago. Yet, it's actually July right now. Is this news just a re-release of the same info as before for all of the yahoos that haven't switched over to the new pricelists yet?

Whatever. Today's release and my computer software upgrades wasn't the answer. I still have a "manage pricelists" screen with inaccurate and unreliable information.
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2012
    Please email the HelpDesk with the pricelists in question so we can take a look. Thanks!

Oh, looks like your message snuck in as I was writing a new message. But seriously? This is your response?

Hmmm... let's see. One week of the issue being ignored and now you want me to start a game of email tag with the help desk that could last a week as well just for the issue to get looked at?

I've had more important issues where I felt time was of the essence and the good old help desk would sometimes give me the one week run-around playing email tag. First they point me to a thread in the help section, then they suggest I post here, then a new person does one or both of those all the while failing to read, understand or comprehend my first email that says what I've done, read and researched but I still get sent to the same spots I've read. Now, that I pseudo have your attention you're telling me to send a message to the help desk to start that process on a generic problem afflicting a site with little to none customization and little to none variance amongst gallery settings, especially those using the same pricelist?

Did you even try checking your own site or have you not switched over to the new pricelists? I did post here on how to re-create this problem on your own site and one other person immediately mentioned they see the inaccuracy as well. Please double check your own site if you have one? I'm pretty certain if you follow my suggestions as I mentioned that you'll see inaccurate numbers on your own site as well.

I think a better response would be if you were to please give me a hint on something that could be causing this or any other problem before blindly passing off someone to the help desk to play email tag. In the meantime, perhaps jchin (or anyone else) would like to play email tag with the help desk on my behalf. I'm not in the mood to start a game of email tag when I may not be near a computer the usual amount in the next coming week. Missing an email as it comes in could add a whole day or two to the game of email tag.
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2012
    Oh, looks like your message snuck in as I was writing a new message. But seriously? This is your response?

Hmmm... let's see. One week of the issue being ignored and now you want me to start a game of email tag with the help desk that could last a week as well just for the issue to get looked at?

I've had more important issues where I felt time was of the essence and the good old help desk would sometimes give me the one week run-around playing email tag. First they point me to a thread in the help section, then they suggest I post here, then a new person does one or both of those all the while failing to read, understand or comprehend my first email that says what I've done, read and researched but I still get sent to the same spots I've read. Now, that I pseudo have your attention you're telling me to send a message to the help desk to start that process on a generic problem afflicting a site with little to none customization and little to none variance amongst gallery settings, especially those using the same pricelist?

Did you even try checking your own site or have you not switched over to the new pricelists? I did post here on how to re-create this problem on your own site and one other person immediately mentioned they see the inaccuracy as well. Please double check your own site if you have one? I'm pretty certain if you follow my suggestions as I mentioned that you'll see inaccurate numbers on your own site as well.

I think a better response would be if you were to please give me a hint on something that could be causing this or any other problem before blindly passing off someone to the help desk to play email tag. In the meantime, perhaps jchin (or anyone else) would like to play email tag with the help desk on my behalf. I'm not in the mood to start a game of email tag when I may not be near a computer the usual amount in the next coming week. Missing an email as it comes in could add a whole day or two to the game of email tag.

The 2 complaints in this thread are the only times I've heard of this issue. If you could please just email the help desk we will have a hero take a look at your site to try and figure out what's going on. If you don't email us we can't help because we don't know what your SmugMug site is. If you write us now you'll get a response back within an hour. We look forward to hearing from you so we can try and resolve this issue.

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero