Options

Logan

3smiles3smiles Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited July 23, 2012 in People
Here is the session tonight with the neighbor boy after posting pics of his sis this is how his went. I tried to not have him straight on but I felt like I never knew what to have him do with his arms. This is my first guy session. I would love more in put. These were taken with a ti3 and 50mm with overcast sky.
_MG_0224wm.jpg

_MG_0306edwm.jpg

_MG_0255ed.jpg

#4_MG_0264ed.jpg
Liza

Comments

• Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2012
    This might help you with the "boy/men" pose thing, well, at least get you started in the right direction.

http://digital-photography-school.com/21-sample-poses-to-get-you-started-with-photographing-men

Except for number two, there isn't anything really wrong with these poses. IMHO they're a good starting point, you're off to a good start.

Personally, I like the backgrounds under exposed a bit in relationship to the subject so the subject jumps off the page a bit more, but that is hard to do without some way to control light.

I really like the last one with the tractor tire. Pose and expression along with eye contact is really nice.
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2012
    Thanks Bryce!! I am not sure if I like #2 or Hate it yet I am still undecided to be honest!
    Liza
  • Options
    RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2012
    I particularly like the last one. I think I would have gone for more feet and less tire above his head, but I like it nonetheless.
  • Options
    DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2012
    Number 4 is my pick. The smile looks genuine.
    Number 2 just looks uncomfortable to me, and there is something about the crop and angle that makes it look a bit like he is trying to do a sit-up.
    Great locations
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com
  • Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2012
    4 is nice.
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2012
    Thank You all. 4 is my fav I truly have known this kid for 2 yrs and that is the only true smile I think I have ever seen he is a vary serious kid. I reallyam not likeing 2 the more I look at it but think that the lighting in that one is the best light but that might be just me.
    Liza