Smugmug feature request - reverse photo sharing

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited August 9, 2004 in SmugMug Support
This happens to me all the time. Someone has an image and wants to email it to me. Sometimes the image can be very big. I'd love if he/she could just directly upload somewhere, but he/she has no website. I'd love to be able to create a gallery and grant upload permission to someone else. I guess that means I'd like a gallery specific upload password as well as a view/download password. After using the password, upload to the specific gallery would be allowed, but no other new permissions.
If not now, when?

Comments

• BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited August 9, 2004
    rutt wrote:
    This happens to me all the time. Someone has an image and wants to email it to me. Sometimes the image can be very big. I'd love if he/she could just directly upload somewhere, but he/she has no website. I'd love to be able to create a gallery and grant upload permission to someone else. I guess that means I'd like a gallery specific upload password as well as a view/download password. After using the password, upload to the specific gallery would be allowed, but no other new permissions.
    This sounds like the guest password feature that pro accounts have but with the additional restriction that you can only upload to one gallery. Currently, guest passwords let you upload to any gallery, but not delete, mess with admin settings, etc.