Options

Troops 1908

D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited July 24, 2012 in People
I was cleaning-up the attack and came across and old and heavy damaged old picture from 1908.
I pinned the picture on the wall and made a new picture, corrected the bad spots and damage .
And here it is, my grand grand father on the right.
DSC0267-Edit-Edit-Edit-X2.jpg
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• Options
    Chris02Chris02 Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2012
    good job,I have spent ages restoring pics from times gone by.

I assume from the Uniforms that they are Army, did your Great Grandad make it thru WW1?
    LR 4.1 Nik Silver efex 2
    D90 + D50 Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM
    Nikon 55-300 mm f4.5-5.6G ED DX AF-S VR
    Landscapes, Sport and Buildings are my bag.
    Chris White Cheltenham England
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2012
    Chris02 wrote: »
    good job,I have spent ages restoring pics from times gone by.

I assume from the Uniforms that they are Army, did your Great Grandad make it thru WW1?

Thanks, He was with the infantry. A group called "jagers te paard" , translated "the hunters by horse".
    He did survive with gas longs, He got caught by a German gas cloud which drifted over the his trench.
    Lucky for him, it was at the edges of the poisons could. He fully recovered. His fellow soldiers as seen in the picture were not that lucky. The one on the left and the one in the middle fell in the WWI.

That is what I know from his memoirs , as he kept a daily record his whole live.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2012
    D3Sshooter wrote: »
    I pinned the picture on the wall and made a new picture, corrected the bad spots and damage .
    Excellent! thumb.gif
  • Options
    Chris02Chris02 Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2012
    D3Sshooter wrote: »
    Thanks, He was with the infantry. A group called "jagers te paard" , translated "the hunters by horse".
    He did survive with gas longs, He got caught by a German gas cloud which drifted over the his trench.
    Lucky for him, it was at the edges of the poisons could. He fully recovered. His fellow soldiers as seen in the picture were not that lucky. The one on the left and the one in the middle fell in the WWI.

That is what I know from his memoirs , as he kept a daily record his whole live.

Tragic times - visited the War Graves over your side of the Channel a couple of years ago - humbling experience.
    LR 4.1 Nik Silver efex 2
    D90 + D50 Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM
    Nikon 55-300 mm f4.5-5.6G ED DX AF-S VR
    Landscapes, Sport and Buildings are my bag.
    Chris White Cheltenham England