Options

Essence of Youth entry options & outtakes

red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
edited July 24, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Whew! That was close. I didn't have much time once I finally got my pictures edited... I went to see my new nephew, almost 10 days ago now. He was two days old when I shot some quick photos in my sister-in-law's house (it was quite dark, only had the overhead light and a reading lamp to work with). I wish these had a bit sharper focus and a little less noise (most taken at 1600) but I'll take what I can get.

Anyway, here were my choices for #107... did I choose wisely?

Entry: newborn.
DSC3860-L.jpg

Option 2:
DSC3881-L.jpg

Option 3: mother's hand
DSC3884-L.jpg

Outtakes:
It was very rewarding holding and taking photos of such a cute little infant, he made some very funny faces and poses as we were trying to get him unwrapped enough for a baby announcement card shot.
DSC3755-M.jpg

DSC3880-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2012
    I think you chose well. Newborns are a real treat!
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2012
    Option three would have been dq'd for toning. deal.gif

I think your current entry is the strongest of the ones shown.
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2012
    Thanks! I'm hoping to get another chance to see him fairly soon. Maybe I can even get a bit better light and some props or something to take some more of the hi-key type shots... actually hi-key instead of playing with the slider until they look that way, as I think that lowers the image quality.
    edited July 24, 2012
    What an opportunity! I agree that your current entry was a good choice. I am looking forward to photographing my 2nd grandchild when he or she arrives in early 2013!