Options

4x4th of July - Off-road Meet

kitkoskitkos Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited July 26, 2012 in Sports
I guess I’ve been lurking long enough and it’s time to post up some of my work for C&C.

These are some shots from the "4x4th of July" – Off-road Event held in Cass, Arkansas a couple weekends ago.

I have been shooting youth sports for a couple years now. My 16 yo son and I have begun a very small (part-time) Event Photography business and are shooting some pretty fun events.

Please let me know how I can improve upon my pictures.

Clayton

Image 01
i-R88f32L-M.jpg

Image 02
i-mJX4PDN-M.jpg

Image 03
i-ZD56P8Q-M.jpg

Image 04
i-ZB6W8WG-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JSPhotographyJSPhotography Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2012
    Nice images, sharp and clear. You got faces, that can be hard to do. Your shooting wide open so you are blurring the backgrounds as much as possible. Nice crops. Rock crawlers can be tough, they look like they are parked. How about mixing in some more like #3 but with some motion blurr. Looks like you had some water and mud.
  • Options
    kitkoskitkos Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited July 26, 2012
    JS - Thanks for commenting.

#1 and #2 were competing in the rock-garden and were moving, be it very slowly.
    #3 - it rained between the rock-garden and the wood-course events and made for some nice mud.
    #4 - was moving but very slowly. He is staging for the bounty-hill event.

Didn't really get any shots of the rock-crawlers that show motion blur but, I shot a motorcycle road-race this past weekend that I am processing now. I will post them in the next day or two. It was fun trying to develop a good panning routine.

Clayton