Options

Smugmug feature request - large tiff/psd file sharing

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited August 9, 2004 in SmugMug Support
I understand the reason for the 8MB limit on files for smugmug, but sometimes smugmug would be the best way to accomplish sharing of giant originals, perhaps for colaboration.

Perhaps you could allow a small limited number of exceptions, perhaps only for pro accounts or perhaps as an extra option. I'd pay for this feature when I needed it, and I find that I do want it about once a month. Especially combined with the upload permissions feature I suggested, it could really mean a lot for colaboration.
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited August 9, 2004
    rutt wrote:
    I understand the reason for the 8MB limit on files for smugmug, but sometimes smugmug would be the best way to accomplish sharing of giant originals, perhaps for colaboration.

Perhaps you could allow a small limited number of exceptions, perhaps only for pro accounts or perhaps as an extra option. I'd pay for this feature when I needed it, and I find that I do want it about once a month. Especially combined with the upload permissions feature I suggested, it could really mean a lot for colaboration.
    I answered a couple of help emails this a.m. with a similar request. I've had a few times when I wanted to swap PSDs too big for email as well.

We're working on expanding engineering so we can tackle more things like this.

Thanks,
    Baldy