Options

Mini-challeng #147 - Silhouettes

2»

Comments

• Options
    senorjaxsenorjax Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2012
    Same here... it must be that time of year. I was filling it so fast I ran out of the nectar and when I went to get more they were out! Had to go to a 2nd store. Really lovely shot.

We just make our own nectar, it's simply sugar and water. Boil 4 cups water, turn the heat off, dissolve one cup of white sugar in the water by stirring it and let cool to room temperature. Store extra in the fridge, and try not to let any sit more than half a week in the feeder or it will start to ferment. That's all there is to it.
    Jay
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,944 moderator
    edited August 8, 2012
    Liberty
    i-qkLcrhW-L.jpg

Perfect Way to End the Day
    i-z9HxKSP-L.jpg

Enjoying a Sunset Walk on the Beach
    i-78cFSkD-L.jpg

This last shot is "fresh" from a wonderful vacation in Florida with our grandson.

Great theme for a mini!
  • Options
    Alans GrinAlans Grin Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2012
    davev wrote: »
    I really like this shot Alan.

I'm not sure why though. :D

IMG8626-Edit-S.jpg

Many thanks Dave, much appreciated. When you work out why let me know because I'm not sure either! By coincidence I took that shot two weeks before this competition for another competition with some photographer friends themed “Urban” – I am still waiting for the judging on that one. I also had much fun with a photographer friend at this location with my very first attempt at some creative use of Photoshop if interested – not great quality as a simple “grab” shot and quite poor Photoshop skills … but just a little editing fun …

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>IMG8640-Edit-Edit-S.jpg</o:p>[

http://alanandkate.smugmug.com/Miscellaneous/People/21267176_Bt2Xz7#!i=2014553130&k=cG9SVSB&lb=1&s=A

Alan.

PS – Like most I suspect … I find the variety, quality and content of these competitions really inspiring. There are great images in here
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,944 moderator
    edited August 8, 2012
    So many great images here! Here are a just a few that struck me as I browsed through the thread:

Ghinson's "Serengeti" - one sweet shot!

StueveShots - Skipping Stones - love the way it conveys playfulness

Kentwaller's "On the Beach" - something about this one really appeals to me

Senorjax's "Hummers" - lovely, soft background for this silhouette

Really enjoyed looking through all of these!

Gretchen
  • Options
    SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2012
    Well done everyone. Some really great images here. Now it's my turn to do some work! I'll publish the results within the next 24 hours.

David
    Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2012
    Is this a Camera Dolly setup for a movie shoot?

aparato-2-L.jpg

Enquiring minds need to know! thumb.gifdeal

:D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2012
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Is this a Camera Dolly setup for a movie shoot?

Enquiring minds need to know! thumb.gifdeal

:D

Don

It sure looks like that, but actually it is a crane used to repair a dock. The shot was taken in Southern Turkey. Thanks for looking Don.
  • Options
    RBeattieRBeattie Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2012
    kentwaller wrote: »
    greg - awesome work - the serengeti piece is off the charts!

Ditto! I keep going back to look at that one!
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2012
    Thanks! Strong work throughout!
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com