Options

Coupon credit question

robtesarrobtesar Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited July 30, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I want to be able to offer all my clients a web-sized and printmarked download of their entire gallery for free.

SmuMug, unfortunately, doesn't make this possible with their digital download pricing, but I am willing to work around that.
I do realize one workaround would be to upload a web-sized gallery myself someplace like dropbox and provide that link to every client, but I don't think it should have to be that complicated. I'd rather export and upload the photos only once.

My first thought was to create a coupon for a $1 credit and suggest that each client use it for the gallery download, but this creates two problems. SmugMug, unfortunately (again), doesn't yet offer coupons for specific merchandise as far as I know. There is nothing to stop the client from using that credit for anything else and finding something to complain about afterwords. My other problem is wondering if a client can use a coupon continuously if I set it up to not expire. It seems that I'll need to create one coupon per client to stop them from placing other orders and using the $1 credit every time, which I can do, but I'll be much less happy about it.

Is there some kind of solution here that I've missed? I would also like to be able to offer the entire original gallery as a free download if the client spends a certain amount on prints. The only way I can see to do this is again to make a credit coupon that is available if they spend so much, but the lack of making it merchandise specific gives me the same problems all over again.

Is there any better solution to this?

Comments

• Options
    phototristanphototristan Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2012
    Hi,

We don't quite have what you want at this time however note that if you request a full gallery download yourself, you can share that link with a client and it will also work for them. So that's one way it could be done, albeit not through our cart system.

Hopefully in the future this is something that will be improved upon.
    Tristan
    Suport Hero
    Smugmug
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    robtesarrobtesar Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 30, 2012
    Thank you, Tristan.

I hadn't considered that for the full gallery. I suppose I'll just keep track of what orders are placed and e-mail the client a link if a large enough order comes through.

That will make the burden of waiting for a better solution much lighter.