Options

Ribchester (a photowalk evening with Preston Photographic Society)

Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
edited July 26, 2012 in Journeys
As the title says, our camera club members and associates went to Ribchester tonight to take a few photo's.

Here is my selection of my own shots:

St Wilfred's Church, Ribchester: Infra Red Hoya R72 filter used, 2½ minutes exposure time, converted to black and white.

800church1-1.jpg

St Wilfred's Church, Ribchester: Used f/1.8 to focus on the flowers but that was just enough to leave the church in the background recognisable.

800flowers.jpg

St Wilfred's Church, Ribchester: Using the wrought iron gate as a focal point but ensuring the door of the church and the headstones are still recognisable in the background.

800gate.jpg

St Wilfred's Church, Ribchester: Choir practice was taking place - here you can see one of the choristers just visible in the lowest section of the window.

800innerchurch.jpg

St Wilfred's Church, Ribchester: Choir practice was taking place - here you can see one of the choristers just visible in the lowest section of the window (wider angle).

800innerchurch1.jpg

The River Ribble at Ribchester, with 2 rainbows in the distance (one is quite faint, but it is there to the right of the bright rainbow.

800rainbows.jpg

St Wilfred's Church, Ribchester: The hoped for sunset never really materialised, but what vestige of sun there was, appeared and disappeared in a matter of minutes. The brief opportunity it offered is here.

800sunset.jpg

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk