NEW 3'X6' BANNER PROJECT. ALL COMMENTS WELCOME
web1st-banner15yodone-X2.jpg
J. Tuminello
Tuminello Photography

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,919 moderator
    edited July 28, 2012
    Nice looking poster! My only comment would to have faced the individual player photos on the left side the opposite direction.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2012
    Very nice! I bet that took a lot of time to put together.
    Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    2mo2mo Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2012
    Dang ian408..... I never even thought of that- will use that next year, thanks for the idea.
    Thanks lifeinnfocus. I took me about 10 hours to design-edit photos-tune up for printing. I love doing banners though, you can get really creative and the kids love them.
    J. Tuminello
    Tuminello Photography
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2012
    Awesome! You know you could still reverse the players on the left in photoshop.... just sayin'!

And this is not just "kinda" sports, this is totally sports!
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2012
    jmphotocraft the name on jerseys would be backwards, and 3 of these girls are 6'1" and im scared they would get mad , lol
    J. Tuminello
    Tuminello Photography
  • Options
    jmp2204jmp2204 Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2012
    very cool , do you have to buy templates for stuff like this??
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2012
    No Jmp2204. I start from scratch in pscs6. It's just layers with grad strokes- lot easier than it looks. Thanks for the compliment
    J. Tuminello
    Tuminello Photography
  • Options
    jmp2204jmp2204 Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2012
    2mo wrote: »
    No Jmp2204. I start from scratch in pscs6. It's just layers with grad strokes- lot easier than it looks. Thanks for the compliment
    i have cs 5 , but have no idea where to start for something like this lol
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2012
    jmp2204, I just started drawing shapes and adding whatever effects I could. Im better at ps than I am at taking quality images, but im learning. For $25/mo lynda.com can teach you so much on PS / illustrator / and so much more-that is a great place to start. Of course you tube has alot but lynda.com was the best for me... Ill always be glad to help if u ever have any questions
    J. Tuminello
    Tuminello Photography
  • Options
    fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2012
    Very nicely done!

My Sons and I played in an adult hockey tournament this summer and I put together this composition. I had it printed, Framed it and proudly display it in the garage. Put it on a coffee cup, too. I love photoshop. Going to upgrade from cs5 to cs6 this week. They say it runs faster and that's reason enough for the upgrade. We'll see.

jmp2204, I belong to NAPP and have watched a ton of tutorials from them, but I'm sure lynda.com is much better training, by far. I've been playing with PS since CS3 (PS Elements before that) and I'm still learning new things weekly (and forgetting things weekly). Amazing complexity to that software, but it's the best!
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2012
    2mo wrote: »
    jmphotocraft the name on jerseys would be backwards, and 3 of these girls are 6'1" and im scared they would get mad , lol

Gotcha. I don't think the fact they're all facing left is a big deal anyway.

I see you're using a very similar pose as I do for all the portraits. Next time I do T&I I'm going to use the program I got at my last Red Sox game for pose ideas. All the players have posed portraits and they are all doing something fun and different.

One last thing - I hope your copyright is not going to appear on the print....?
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2012
    Hey jmphotocraft, I actually left the copyright on for 2 reasons. Last year alot of other teams came by and took images of by banner designs, but mainly because I do this at cost for the girls-so I want to put my info on it. I actually thought about next year printing a label they can use during tournaments and removing it afterwords.
    J. Tuminello
    Tuminello Photography
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2012
    fool4thecity, i love your design
    J. Tuminello
    Tuminello Photography