Just some FUN pics

TacmedicTacmedic Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited August 5, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Feel free to comment, critiques are always welcome!

Where the path leads...:dunno
MG2228-2-M.jpg

Cut-M.jpg

MG2223-M.jpg

Comments

• NmahoochNmahooch Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2012
    nice pics. I like the 2nd one best.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2012
    I virtually never say this, but these landscape photos belong in some other forum.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2012
    Lightroom presets: Documented!
  • TacmedicTacmedic Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2012
    Quincy T wrote: »
    Lightroom presets: Documented!

I dont use lightroom. I use CS5
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2012
    Good eye for the landscape shots.

First is too dark for me. Looks like you were attempting a mood shot, but just looks dark. Second evokes a "Oh what a beautiful morning" emotion in me. Third one has cool reflections but the top blown highlights distract (and pic needs straightening).

Thanks for sharing.
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2012
    Tacmedic wrote: »
    I dont use lightroom. I use CS5

ne_nau.gif

In all sincerity, 2 is a nice image. Just not sure why you chose to post such an eclectic group of bridges/tall grass here.
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2012
    You'll probably get better landscape critiques in the Landscapes subforum, but since you posted here,

As documentaries-- well:

1) As QuincyT alluded to, you have three pictures and three different tonings. The one that works best to my eye is #2. My inexpert advice, stick to one style and develop it to the best of your ability. And, if you haven't already, read Vision and Voice by David DuChemin. You appear to have a good eye for composition.

Personally, I prefer a more natural look and find split tonings, heavy vignetting, over the top HDR etc. to be distracting.*. This is especially the case in #3, which has a very nice reflection and composition marred by a very distracting red-purple tone that makes the photo hard to "read." #1, on quick relook, could use some brighter tones, it is dim looking.

*Which is why they are used so often by amateur photographers. The phrases "lipstick on a pig" and "polishing a turd" spring to mind.