Options

CMRA - Motorcycle Race --- C&C

kitkoskitkos Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited July 27, 2012 in Sports
Visited Hallett Racetrack in Oklahoma last weekend with some fellow photogs from our local photog organization. Mission: shoot CMRA motorcycle road-races.

Whenever possible I tried working on my panning technique.
These guys (and gals) are fast. Panning can be a bit tricky but I think I captured a few worth keeping.

C&C always welcome (encouraged)

Clayton

i-cz7nSL8-M.jpg

i-GjLVNhV-M.jpg

i-KMLZvgx-M.jpg

i-WXNXRRs-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2012
    Hallett is a great track.

Numbers 3 and 4 I like quite a bit. Number 2 should never be shot with a shutter speed that high. 1/3000 a second? And holy smokes you look awfully close to the action there. 66mm focal length? I just have to ask, DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH?

Number 1 has a nice composition to it.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    kitkoskitkos Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited July 27, 2012
    Bill - Thanks for the input.

#2 - I agree, it was shot with my secondary camera. I walked down into that corner and decided to fire off a few but had my main camera set up with the 70-200 with a 1.7 tele on it so I reached for my second. I had my 24-70 on it and had it set to aperture priority at f/2.8. Since this was taken at high-noon, you know the result. But I liked it anyway.

Death-wish? No, I was behimd the safe-barrier ;-0

#1 - I like the comp also, and was hoping others would as well. Was trying to capture a bike or two in the background but never could get them in both locations at the same time. Maybe need to photoshop one in. lol

btw - I have raced my 350Z on Hallett several times. I love that track.

Here's one from 2004
    i-H9wqJrK-S.jpg