H20

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited July 30, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Just so happens that we were at the beach this week!

Here's what I entered in the gallery, but suggestions for improvement always welcomed.... Thanks!

i-7jCvPXT-XL.jpg

Comments

• red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2012
    Hmm... I like the picture, it's nice... nice composition, nice colors... but the subject seems a bit mundane.

I'd say that water is only 1/3 of the picture here, and that even then it's just a background for the umbrellas. I think that for a theme of "H20" you might be able to get some better, wetter shots.

So. Good picture technically, I like it. Not strong on the theme. I am also going to the beach this weekend, so we'll see if I can break out of my usual beach shots. Maybe I'll be able to convince a pony to swim in the surf, or maybe the 95 degree heat will do it for me! thumb.gif
    I have a bunch of awesome pony shots, but they were taken on Sunday, thus not challenge-worthy! Ah well... :)
  • rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2012
    Well, it IS water...but I agree, not a strong entry....First, I thought that my image didn't load...the sand is too bright and has no shadow ....I am sure you will come up with something awesome....
  • ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2012
    Enjoy the beach all. I live at the beach, but have yet to see a blue sky since the challenge was announced. And I'm going AWAY on vacation tomorrow! Irony.

P.S. I think the photo could work as a sort of worshippers at the church of water picture, but need more water and less sand (for this purpose).
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2012
    Thanks guys - I was pretty sure that's what you'd all say, but reckoned I'd post it and see :D

Greg, that's not a bad idea at all - I might play around with that! thumb.gif
  • rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2012
    Worshippers of the Church of Water.... lol!! I have never been able to come up with exactly the correct name for my 'parish' lol.... but I think that often when I go to the beach...that still, we all worship the god Ra...