Options

D-iii - WIld Fashion

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited July 29, 2012 in People
While the rest of this shoot is in Go Figure, we also took a few "baisc" frames.

#1: NYK_0994-1009.jpg

1989610866_2vB2BnD-XL.jpg

#2: NYK_1087.jpg

1991290534_538FzSG-X2.jpg

#3: NYK_1108.jpg

1991290560_Lh5dWzW-X2.jpg

#4: NYK_1120.jpg

1991290580_Dx5vvwr-X2.jpg

#5: NYK_1154.jpg

1991290527_nPr7GhF-X2.jpg

#6: NYK_1168.jpg

1991290637_dTkjzgS-X2.jpg

#7: NYK_1179.jpg

1991290616_2KZvTFb-X2.jpg

#8: NYK_1185.jpg

1991290586_DTfBvMq-X2.jpg

Canon 5DMarkIII, 70-200L/2.8 IS USM

This post was made with the assistance of Star*Explorer
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2012
    wow great job capturing those incredible legs. Beautiful color. Really really good stuff.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2012
    Beautiful set Nic. Not bad pictures either. :D

Seriously, are these all natural light? Looks like golden hour sun to me.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2012
    Thank you, guys!
    yeah, those legs were nice :-)
    Yes, it's pre-sunset...
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2012
    Now that is what outside shots are supposed to look like. Great lighting and feminne posing.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2012
    Nik, these are fabulous model shots. Did you do all the posing limb-by-limb, as it were, or is she an experienced model who could take basic direction and work it to the max? These feel really fluid rather than static, as though she was doing more than just standing there waiting to be told....

And yeah, legs. Wow. Also, an object lesson in how to wear absurdly high platform heels to ENHANCE those gams rather than become something ludicrous and distracting at the end of them.

ETA: Ok, the pose in #7. Love it. I have just tried to copy that, standing here - it is really hard, people!! Weight on right leg while shooting hip to left and bending waist to left feels extremely unnatural, as fabulous as it looks in the shot. This model has got some talent, no?
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2012
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Now that is what outside shots are supposed to look like. Great lighting and feminne posing.

Thank you Charles!
    As I have been saying for a long time, shooting "dressed" models is easy, that why I rarely do it ;-) mwink.gifrofl
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2012
    divamum wrote: »
    Nik, these are fabulous model shots. Did you do all the posing limb-by-limb, as it were, or is she an experienced model who could take basic direction and work it to the max? These feel really fluid rather than static, as though she was doing more than just standing there waiting to be told....

And yeah, legs. Wow. Also, an object lesson in how to wear absurdly high platform heels to ENHANCE those gams rather than become something ludicrous and distracting at the end of them.

ETA: Ok, the pose in #7. Love it. I have just tried to copy that, standing here - it is really hard, people!! Weight on right leg while shooting hip to left and bending waist to left feels extremely unnatural, as fabulous as it looks in the shot. This model has got some talent, no?

Thank you very much, appreciate your comments! iloveyou.gif
    This girl was not overly experienced, but she is what they call "a natural". She knew her body well enough and she listened to my directions as well (granted, I knew what to say:-), and was able to immediately follow them.
    The fluidity you have mentioned is definitely what we were striving for, glad we were able to deliver. :-)
    Heels: yes, it's a tricky stuff, and not many can work them properly, especially on an uneven/soft ground. As I said, she's a natural, so when I tested her walk I immediately saw she and her heels are one. Cannot say the same for all the models I had a chance to work with, as many have struggled with this little "obstacle course" of mine. ;-)

And yes, I'd call her talented, for sure. Consideing it was also her first nude shoot, and none of the stuff we did with her she did before, she did remarkably well.
    We did establish a good rapport right from the start and it definitely showed in results.
    She's smart, have great features and can use them, both on her own and on command. I wish she lived closer - she came a long way to shoot with me. I hope she'll come again, though :-)