Options

Photo's for attorney in lawsuit

ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited July 28, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
I have been asked if I'd be willing to take some pictures of some damage done on some property. From my understanding it sounds pretty small, something relating to a retainer wall and they just need photo's to show in court. There is a small chance they would need me to appear in court just to state that yes those are my photo's and this is what I saw while taking them. So the use case for these would be very minimal and obviously not commercial oriented.

I am not a professional photographer by money standards, so I don't even know where to really begin for pricing or if this is opening a can of worms of sorts. I still need to contact the attorney directly to find out what specifically they are after, but it sounds absolutely doable thus far. I am comfortable with my equipment and how to use it all so I know the pictures provided would be good.

My main question would be related to pricing. A simple stand-a-lone fee to provide the pictures with a chance of the need to be in court? A fee the the pictures then additional hourly thing for the court day? Any ballpark to charge? Anything else I should be concerned with or think about?

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited July 28, 2012
    You should have a look around at day rates for your area and charge accordingly. Remember, the day rate for photography as well as an hourly rate for deposition/court appearance/etc that might come up.

Just know that if you are asked to appear in court, you will likely be asked a variety of questions pertaining to your expertise both in photography as well as anything you testify about. You should ask what to expect in that regard as well.

Good luck!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?