Options

Paper sizes

LordKwazLordKwaz Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited August 3, 2012 in Digital Darkroom
Hey Grins I need some paper sizing help. Just purchased me a 9000mk2 printer and paper sizes is really doing a number on me. Im used to ordering from adorama and get the sizes I want. What do you guys do for 9x12 paper.

Comments

• Options
    paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2012
    I don't recall seeing 9*12. The companies I use have 8.5 x 11. The next size up varies depending on the company and paper. E.g., it is 13 x 9 for some Moab papers, and 12 x 12 for some Red River papers. I find it rather annoying, but 11 x 14 appears not to be available for some papers. You could get 12 x 12 and trim it. Since the cost is primarily the ink, not the paper, you would not be losing much.
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2012
    Thanks. I found a 9x12 paper at BH but while talking to a few camera store employees they told me that its best to use Canon papers with canon printers due to its already profiled with the paper and printer.
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2012
    You can control color from the printer, or from software. Most people who are serious about printing control color from software and turn color management off at the printer end. If you are going to let the printer manage color, than using Canon papers makes sense. However, if you are going to use software, what matters is having a good ICC profile for your printer and that particular paper. Many paper vendors provide ICC profiles for your printer. I have used a fair number of different non-Canon papers with that printer over the past 6 months, with very good results.
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2012
    Thank you good sir. I shall get this printer under control without wasting all of my ink
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2012
    Yes, the ink is indeed expensive. To keep the ink costs down while I figured out how to work the printer and what papers I wanted, I bought a sampler pack from both Moab and Red River and then chopped some of the sheets into 4 x 6 test sheets.