edited August 1, 2012 in Street and Documentary
072912PURSE0009-XL.jpg
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2012
    Well, BD, this is a prime example of where you should have followed your own mantra: no title needed or even desired. Telling us that this was a found object relieves a lot of the mystery that would have otherwise prevailed. It would have been joyous to assume that the thing was somehow yours.:D

Additionally, I know your attitude about removing stuff from a picture but I would have gone to any lengths to get rid of that bright yellow light....it seems to dominate the whole deal.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2012
    Well, BD, this is a prime example of where you should have followed your own mantra: no title needed or even desired. Telling us that this was a found object relieves a lot of the mystery that would have otherwise prevailed. It would have been joyous to assume that the thing was somehow yours.:D

Additionally, I know your attitude about removing stuff from a picture but I would have gone to any lengths to get rid of that bright yellow light....it seems to dominate the whole deal.

Tom

15524779-Ti.gifthumb.gif and waiting for a green light would hace been prudent and less noticeble.

:Don
    Don

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2012
    A yellow light, however, is a warning light. And that's what was warranted. As to the title - it is not entiteld 'another found object,' but rather is one in a series of found object photos - a series including colored balls, a shoe, a yellow rain coat, a teething ring...
    But this is the problem with the damn titles.;-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2012
    to much disposable income in your Neighborhood, me thinks :D
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2012
    Laughing.gif! Partially true. But keep in mind that this might have been, say, in the lap of a toddler/little girl in a stroller, slipped unnoticed to the ground, and the loss might not have been discovered until the Mom and owner were blocks away. Then the purse could have been under a bush, in the gutter, until placed on the tree branch a few days later. At least that's one theory.:-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com