Options

>> Vote for Challenge 51 Winner <<

Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
edited November 16, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
It wasn't easy but it was a pleasure being a guest judge. Good luck to all - I'm outta here for a week (vacation time).

Vote for Challenge 51 Winner 129 votes

Ginger - The Art of It All
4% 6 votes
Trish - My Hobby Captures Another
4% 6 votes
SnapHappy - Card Tricks
10% 14 votes
Mitchell - Grand Master
17% 23 votes
Eric&Susan - All In
3% 4 votes
Nikolai - Reenactment
10% 14 votes
Vandana - Reading Hobby
9% 12 votes
Aero-Nut - Percussive Measures
12% 16 votes
bandit - Full Tilt
18% 24 votes
redlion - Knight's Vigil
7% 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    morrisphotography2003morrisphotography2003 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    it must have been hard, I looked thru them and there was alot of realy good photos in this challenge. I wonder who made it?

Bob.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    >> Vote for Challenge 51 Winner <<
    Finalists chosen by Andy, JohnO and Phil U.

Ginger - The Art of It All
    43211800-L.jpg

Trish - My Hobby Captures Another
    42952055-L.jpg

SnapHappy - Card Tricks
    43544310-L.jpg

Mitchell - Grand Master
    43375136-L.jpg

Eric&Susan - All In
    CRW_8257resize.jpg

Nikolai - Reenactment
    44203373-L.jpg

Vandana - Reading Hobby
    44208495-M.jpg

Aero-Nut - Percussive Measures
    44328044-L.jpg

bandit - Full Tilt
    FullTilt.jpg

redlion - Knight's Vigil
    chess03m.jpg
  • Options
    johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    I would also like to say thanks to Andy, Phil and everyone here at DG. It was fun, but not as easy to judge. 7 out of 10. Not bad. All did very well. It was tough sitting here wanting to comment everytime I saw a new entry. I knew I would have to wait.

Peace.
    johno~

Hey! How come Phil gets a weeks vacation? I must have missed that one. I guess I'll just take my wife out for dinner... Do I send you the receipt Andy? :D
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    johno wrote:
    I would also like to say thanks to Andy, Phil and everyone here at DG. It was fun, but not as easy to judge. 7 out of 10. Not bad. All did very well. It was tough sitting here wanting to comment everytime I saw a new entry. I knew I would have to wait.

Peace.
    johno~

Hey! How come Phil gets a weeks vacation? I must have missed that one. I guess I'll just take my wife out for dinner... Do I send you the receipt Andy? :D

No, but you (and Phil) can send me an email and you get a $40 gift cert from amazon... which you can use to purchase barbecued baby back ribs!!!

Does it get any better than here at Dgrin??? lol3.gif
  • Options
    Eric&amp;SusanEric&amp;Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    My first top tenclap.gif Just goes to prove that all the helpful people here really make a difference. Thanks to all.

All very good entries and I'm glad to be among the finalists.

Good luck to allthumb.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    Well i have waited my 15 mins to open the thread on dial-up & i must say that no way would i have ever expected this quality.

clap.gif Fantastic thought each one !!! Seriously im amazed at the quality we are seeing on this board.

Gus
  • Options
    Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    Absolutely stunning shots. It was very hard to vote on one. Good job to everyone in this challenge.
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • Options
    vandanavandana Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2005
    this is a pleasant surprise ! thank you judges for choosing me ! My first time on a challenge final ! all the photographs are so amazing; it's nice to see everybody's different take on the subject. I sure feel good in such illustrious company !
    And thank you Andy for a nice tutorial on selectve coloring that I found on dgrin ! it was great when after all those complicated ( not really, but my first time doing 'layers' ! ) instructions, it suddenly went red in one spot! I learned something new xzicon_smile_cool.gif
    Good luck to everybody ! see ya all in the next ch !
  • Options
    Bandit959Bandit959 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2005
    Wow.... I've been meaning to log back on but I haven't had the chance. I'm flattered that you folks liked the shot of "Rod" the Twilight Zone Pinball machine.

I was doing some routine maintenance on it when I realized that would be a cool shot. But to find it in such good company, well I'm simply thrilled.

Anyway, I think I'll cast my vote for "Full Tilt". rolleyes1.gifJust kidding. They're all great shots. thumb.gif It's a tough choice.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited November 16, 2005
    Holy Toledo! What a terrific selection; Fantastic shots all. I think choosing one will prove the real challenge. Congrats to all the finalists and good luck!