Options

The Motion in the Ocean

jaharris1001jaharris1001 Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
edited August 3, 2012 in Landscapes
hello gang, been a while since I've posted here, glad to be back, here's an image from one of my favorite locations on the East coast of Florida,, your comments are greatly appreciated

7693361452_844cb533d7_b.jpg
11a by jaharris1701, on Flickr
"I'm growing older,, but not up"
Jimmy Buffet

Comments

• Options
    PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2012
    Stunning Black and White. Well done
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2012
    Thank you David for looking and for commenting, much appreciated thumb.gif
    Jimmy Buffet
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2012
    Nice shot. It looks to have been taken around the Washington Oaks-Marineland area. Quite an interesting shoreline.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2012
    Nice shot. It looks to have been taken around the Washington Oaks-Marineland area. Quite an interesting shoreline.

Tom
    Indeed it was Tom, LOVE that location :D not many Florida beachs offer such sights thumb.gif Thanks for commenting !! thumb.gif
    Jimmy Buffet
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2012
    Excellent image thumb.gif

My eye starts at the top in those great clouds, then follows the sun down to the water which washes it all the way down to the bottom of the image. (Actually, due to the leading line [water at the bottom left], the process is initially backward from stated, then repeats the image as stated above)

Very nice comp!
    Randy
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited August 2, 2012
    Beautiful, JA. The turbulence of both the sky and sea balance this shot nicely. Great job of catching the movement of the water as well. Good conversion too. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2012
    Thank you Randy and kdog !! Im a big fan of B&W photography from way back when I had my own dark room, I think it added alot of drama to this image which wasnt quite as apparent in the color version, thanks again for looking and commenting !! thumb.gif
    Jimmy Buffet
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2012
    Jim- this is a great shot! The lighting is great, the composition is very strong, the motion of water is dynamic, and your conversion is fantastic. Only possible improvements I see is what looks like potentially a lens flare in the water (lower third just right of center) and maybe a GND filter to darken the sky just a bit to match the rocks.

Very nice image!
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2012
    anwmn1 wrote: »
    Jim- this is a great shot! The lighting is great, the composition is very strong, the motion of water is dynamic, and your conversion is fantastic. Only possible improvements I see is what looks like potentially a lens flare in the water (lower third just right of center) and maybe a GND filter to darken the sky just a bit to match the rocks.

Very nice image!
    Thanks so much for the kind words Aaron thumb.gif the lens flare that I think youre talking about is actually a splash in the water,, at least I think from the location you're refering, I did use a 3 stop GND filter on this shot with polarizer, the sun was pretty intense by this time of day thumb.gif thanks again for looking and commenting !! :D
    Jimmy Buffet