cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
edited August 3, 2012 in The Big Picture
Father, husband, dog lover, engineer, Nikon shooter
My site 365 Project

Comments

• Options
    CG806CG806 Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2012

My wife was wondering what I was laughing at so hard while we were watching this part of the broadcast the other night.

I'd be curious to know what he was checking prior to finally thinking of the lens cap. 11doh.gif
    Jonathan

"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE." - Ernst Haas
  • Options
    aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2012
    C'mon....we've all probably done this at one time or another. rolleyes1.gif

I had a near disaster recently. Shortly after getting my camera back from Canon's Service, I took it with me to work to photograph the Space Shuttle flyover of DC. I took a bunch of pics during the first 2 passes. Only to discover that the camera had been reset to allow the shutter to operate without a CF card installed. eek7.gif The glare outside prevented me from clearly seeing the warning on the display after each pic was snapped. Fortunately, I was able to install a card before the Shuttle miraculously came around for one more pass.

So if you ever have your camera serviced, don't assume that it'll come back with the same settings you've gotten used to.
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • Options
    dbvetodbveto Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2012
    I think what really makes it funny is because it is relate able, we have all done something like thatrolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
    Dennis
    http://www.realphotoman.com/
    Work in progress
    http://www.realphotoman.net/ Zenfolio 10% off Referral Code: 1KH-5HX-5HU