Monument Valley

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited August 6, 2012 in Landscapes
Randy

Comments

• Options
    jaharris1001jaharris1001 Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2012
    wonderful deep rich color and I love the leading lines in the foreground sand !!! Ive been there before, WHAT a location !!! thumb.gifthumb.gif nicely done !! thumb.gif
    "I'm growing older,, but not up"
    Jimmy Buffet
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2012
    What a gorgeous place. I like the photograph very much. The horizon doesn't look straight to my eye, though. You might want to check that.
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2012
    GREAT shot given you got stuck with a crumby clear sky day. Detail is very nice and your colors are rich without looking over saturated. I do agree with Cornflake on the horizon- it seems to be dipping to the right.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2012
    wonderful deep rich color and I love the leading lines in the foreground sand !!! Ive been there before, WHAT a location !!! thumb.gifthumb.gif nicely done !! thumb.gif

Thanks for your comments JH
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2012
    Cornflake wrote: »
    What a gorgeous place. I like the photograph very much. The horizon doesn't look straight to my eye, though. You might want to check that.

If you look at the horizon all the way to the right hand side of the image, then scroll the image up to use the top of your browser as a straight line, you'll find that the image is actually tilting slightly to the left, counter clockwise. The rest of the image appears to be tilting clockwise. What to do? Split the difference...

Thanks for looking and your observant input thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2012
    anwmn1 wrote: »
    GREAT shot given you got stuck with a crumby clear sky day. Detail is very nice and your colors are rich without looking over saturated. I do agree with Cornflake on the horizon- it seems to be dipping to the right.

Hey Aaron,

Thanks for taking the time to look and giving your input.

Please see my reply to Cornflake above about the horizon.

Thanks again for your comments thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2012
    great shot of an iconic scene! love the rich colors! a few clouds woulda been nice, but mother nature rarely does things just because we'd like it that way. it was mostly clear when i was there, too... :(
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2012
    "If you look at the horizon all the way to the right hand side of the image, then scroll the image up to use the top of your browser as a straight line, you'll find that the image is actually tilting slightly to the left, counter clockwise. The rest of the image appears to be tilting clockwise. What to do? Split the difference..."

Now I understand and see what you mean. I struggle with that in our uneven terrain. Sometimes you split the difference, sometimes you go with what the brain seems to accept as straight.
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2012
    As far as the tilt, maybe so. That's why I use a level...Laughing.gif! Lovely scene, love the leading lines and love the colors.
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2012
    squirl033 wrote: »
    great shot of an iconic scene! love the rich colors! a few clouds woulda been nice, but mother nature rarely does things just because we'd like it that way. it was mostly clear when i was there, too... :(

Thanks for looking and commenting Rocky!
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2012
    Cornflake wrote: »
    "If you look at the horizon all the way to the right hand side of the image, then scroll the image up to use the top of your browser as a straight line, you'll find that the image is actually tilting slightly to the left, counter clockwise. The rest of the image appears to be tilting clockwise. What to do? Split the difference..."

Now I understand and see what you mean. I struggle with that in our uneven terrain. Sometimes you split the difference, sometimes you go with what the brain seems to accept as straight.

Luckily this doesn't happen that often for me, so its not something I tend to sweat over when it does happen.

Thanks again for your detailed input thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2012
    As far as the tilt, maybe so. That's why I use a level...Laughing.gif! Lovely scene, love the leading lines and love the colors.

Thanks Mike!
    Randy
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 6, 2012
    Love the leading lines and the golden reddish colors in the sand, Randy. Was this shot at sunset?
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2012
    An excellent piece of work thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Michael
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2012
    kdog wrote: »
    Love the leading lines and the golden reddish colors in the sand, Randy. Was this shot at sunset?

Yes Joel, it was in the evening, on our way out.

Thanks for looking and your comments!
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2012
    DaddyO wrote: »
    An excellent piece of work thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

Very kind of you Michael!
    Randy