Casey in the Leaves.

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited November 15, 2005 in People
my friend casey loves my work, so she asked if i would do a shoot with her, i was so excited because i wanted to take pictures of her more than anybody else at my college. i took these shots in a park across the street from my school (york college of pennsylvania). it's probably my favorite shoot so far, everything worked out really well. i love how she looks and i really feel like the leaves compliment her looks and her personality. she was absolutely thrilled when she saw them.

this was yet another shoot that my 70-200 2.8L remained on my hip, weighing me down, while the tamron 28-75 2.8 did all the work.

these were all shot with natural light, and this shoot reminded me why i've wanted to get a reflector.

please tell me what you think of these, i'll be posting b&w's soon too:

44083242-M.jpg

44083357-M.jpg

44083456-M.jpg

44083600-M.jpg

44083759-M.jpg

44083969-M.jpg

44083995-M.jpg

44084036-M.jpg

44084154-M.jpg

thanks for your time! please tell me what you think!

Comments

• johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    ~!
    Very nice series... Looks like you really tried to use the light well.

I love #5. I think it is my favorite out of all of them. I couldn't say much more about it.

#2 and 3 look like the sun may have been a bit to much for her. Her eyes are a bit to closed for what I like. She has great eyes... #9 shows them well.

I could say more, but I just might be rambling.

very well done. I am sure she will like them

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • cybercrypt13cybercrypt13 Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    I can see why you'd like to take her pictures, she's beautiful. As for the pictures they are really good. I think a few of them could be touched up just a bit in Photoshop to lighten them up a little. Using the natural light is great and my favorite way to take pictures, but you can pick just a little slower speed and let a little more in, in my opinion...

But great poses and framing and lovely subject.

my 2 cents,

glenn
    --

glenn hancock
    http://www.gshutter.com
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    I like the shots but not the post processing. I find them too dark. I like the dramatic feel of the darkness, but it's too much for me, as it stands.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • cybercrypt13cybercrypt13 Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    Hope you don't mind and I did this with the low res picture you posted so its not nearly as nice as you could do, but just and example:

44083456-M.jpg

glenn
    --

glenn hancock
    http://www.gshutter.com
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    first of all, thank you all so much. second, i forgot to mention that i only processed #8 so far, all the rest are untouched, which is a major detail. i need to touch them all up, but right now i don't enough time. i need to work on shooting in bright sun light, i think the problem is that i have trouble judging the brightness of the picture when i'm looking at the screen.

by the way, there are a bunch more from this set on my website, binghott.com
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    I like them. Yes...a reflector would help. Need to get one of those myself...and an assistant to hold them :)

The first couple are a little dark for my taste. I love the color of the light, but I'd have adjusted the exposure up a bit.

The first one's skin tones seem a bit off to me.

Nice casual photos, and I'm sure she loved them.

Lee
  • DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2005
    Barry, nice series. I also agree with the concensus that the photos are too dark. The one recommendation that I would make is to rely more on the histogram and less on how the photos look in the preview.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    ...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!
    edited November 15, 2005
    Dixie wrote:
    Barry, nice series. I also agree with the concensus that the photos are too dark. The one recommendation that I would make is to rely more on the histogram and less on how the photos look in the preview.
    thanks a lot dixie! thats some great advice, i seriously can't believe i haven't thought of that. wow. thanks!
  • NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2005
    Great pictures, congratulations!

I love the colors, and the light! Fantastic!

Regards,
    Andreas
    edited November 15, 2005
    thanks.

i posted a couple versions black and white versions of a picture in a new thread. please tell me what you think.

thank you all for your help.