Options

first few shots with the new camera

lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited August 8, 2012 in People
I am in :lust:lust with this camera! the D800 arrived friday evening. My play has been limited because I only have LR3, and I can’t upgrade to LR4 until I upgrade my mac to snow leopard (which comes later this week) yeah I’m behind on the times. So until then I’ve been uploading with the Nikon software, then converting to dng, then importing to lightroom…which works, for now, but is a major pain in the ass.

nothing superb here just fun stuff.
i-nsS3vb5-L.jpg

2 bff's
i-rcbD2ST-L.jpg

i-QCrNrzd-L.jpg

i-jrXHKGS-L.jpg

i-xKXWQTL-L.jpg

i-JzSQhmz-L.jpg

i-cqnQdJc-L.jpg

8 My daughter shot this one :)
i-hLBTzX8-L.jpg

9 OK, heres a goof off shot, but this was at ISO 4000. ridiculous! (also, shot with an el cheapo tokina 19-35 lens, which i picked up for 100 bucks. not too shabby!)
i-QP4gKsJ-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2012
    Glad you're having fun with the new camera. The image quality looks awesome! The low light capabilities of that sensor is truly spectacular, you are really going to have fun with that. Slap a 50mm 1.4 on that baby and you can almost take pictures in the dark.

Personally, I find it aberrant that Adobe doesn't provide update support for a program that was purchased less than a year ago.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2012
    woop..awesome!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    GothamGotham Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2012
    Great shots. The B&Ws all look a little washed out for my taste, but maybe in LR4 they'll pop even better :) Good work.
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2012
    love them, love your kids, love your posts! Please give us more.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2012
    Great shots. What were you shooting with before?
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2012
    Great shots. What were you shooting with before?

I got this one..D90
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2012
    Qarik wrote: »
    I got this one..D90

Oh wow so huge jump for her. Awesome. Was curious. Hoping she had the D700 and could tell me if the upgrade was worth the money.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2012
    Oh wow so huge jump for her. Awesome. Was curious. Hoping she had the D700 and could tell me if the upgrade was worth the money.

I think if you shoot lots of landscape/stduio work then it would be worth it.
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2012
    Thanks all!
    I'm REALLY enjoying this thing. Especially now that i've been able to upgrade my mac and lightroom.

Bryce..all but the last were shot with the 50 1.4 i can't put that lens down especially now with the "extra" space i have on FF! and yeah i think its baloney that they couldn't build that into LR3 but fortunately 4 wasn't as expensive as the last ones have been.

cuban- yeah I upgraded from a D90. i really wanted to get a D700 but its a long story, and I ended up only being able to purchase the D800. i've never touched a d700 so i can't tell you if its worth it from that camera but I definitely feel that it is worth the ridiculous amount of $$ i shelled out for it. I'm struggling with file sizes a bit though, I didn't think about the fact that my 16gb sd card and extra 8gb cards would be worthless against these massive raw files so i still have some dough to spend!
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2012
    lilmomma wrote: »
    Thanks all!
    I'm REALLY enjoying this thing. Especially now that i've been able to upgrade my mac and lightroom.

Bryce..all but the last were shot with the 50 1.4 i can't put that lens down especially now with the "extra" space i have on FF! and yeah i think its baloney that they couldn't build that into LR3 but fortunately 4 wasn't as expensive as the last ones have been.

cuban- yeah I upgraded from a D90. i really wanted to get a D700 but its a long story, and I ended up only being able to purchase the D800. i've never touched a d700 so i can't tell you if its worth it from that camera but I definitely feel that it is worth the ridiculous amount of $$ i shelled out for it. I'm struggling with file sizes a bit though, I didn't think about the fact that my 16gb sd card and extra 8gb cards would be worthless against these massive raw files so i still have some dough to spend!

I'll trade you my slightly used D700 for you brand-spanking new D800. deal.gif

File size is one of the things that is keeping me from upgrading. My D700 files are already big. Can't imagine doubling them.

My Smug Site