Options

My girls

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited August 9, 2012 in People
DSC0640-Edit-X2.jpg

DSC0772-Edit-2-X2.jpg

DSC0768-Edit-X2.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2012
    Um. DUDE. Seriously. It's no wonder you're a photographer - you have a family of supermodels :)
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2012
    Haha... Thanks Diva.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2012
    Alex,

I think it's impolite not tell us which one is which. :D

Sam
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2012
    really nice work Alex.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2012
    Couple of beauties and very nice photography as well. I like how you used natural for back light and then off camera for their faces.
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2012
    so.. you're dating sisters? :D

some gorgeous light.. is it all natural or you've supplied some?
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2012
    BEautifukl girls, beautiful work Alex.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2012
    Foques wrote: »
    so.. you're dating sisters? :D

some gorgeous light.. is it all natural or you've supplied some?

HAHA. Often when we are in public, walking and I'm holding each of their hands, you'd laugh at the looks I get. They look to me, then at each of the girls, then back to me. Then comes the total death stares from the women and little smiles from the men. I guess some people make the assumption I'm dating both of them and not that one is the wife, the other the daughter. rolleyes1.gif

And yes, I supplemented the light. SB-900 speedlight in a large shoot-through umbrella. In all the shots, I placed them in open shade with the sun either at their backs or side.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2012
    BEautifukl girls, beautiful work Alex.

Thank you sir.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2012
    HAHA. Often when we are in public, walking and I'm holding each of their hands, you'd laugh at the looks I get. They look to me, then at each of the girls, then back to me. Then comes the total death stares from the women and little smiles from the men. I guess some people make the assumption I'm dating both of them and not that one is the wife, the other the daughter. rolleyes1.gif

And yes, I supplemented the light. SB-900 speedlight in a large shoot-through umbrella. In all the shots, I placed them in open shade with the sun either at their backs or side.

One day, if I find myself in your area, you must give me a crash course on how you do that.

/off topic.
    Every time I glance over your sig, I read "russians are yucky..."rolleyes1.gif
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2012
    Foques wrote: »
    One day, if I find myself in your area, you must give me a crash course on how you do that.

/off topic.
    Every time I glance over your sig, I read "russians are yucky..."rolleyes1.gif

If you're ever in my area, I'd love to go out and shoot with you.

And Laughing.gif at the Russian thing.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2012
    These are nice with great models but your shots need some punch. Raise that black and mid point some and I think you will be amazed at the difference. If your not sure I'll post a sample. Great stuff.
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2012
    Hackbone wrote: »
    These are nice with great models but your shots need some punch. Raise that black and mid point some and I think you will be amazed at the difference. If your not sure I'll post a sample. Great stuff.

I'll edit one Chuck and post it. Maybe my monitors are a bit too contrasty because they don't look that washed out to me? headscratch.gif And I've checked them on several monitors now.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2012
    Under careful examination, I can't decide which one is prettier. Maybe you should post some more? mwink.gif

Really good stuff. Before you get too big of a head though, it sure helps to have stunning models.:D

Seriously, you have got the off camera fill flash down to a science. I salute you!
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2012
    Under careful examination, I can't decide which one is prettier. Maybe you should post some more? mwink.gif

Really good stuff. Before you get too big of a head though, it sure helps to have stunning models.:D

Seriously, you have got the off camera fill flash down to a science. I salute you!

Thanks Bryce. That means a lot to me coming from you. I really love the work you do. I mean that sincerely. I've seen your skills improve dramatically from the first few shots you posted on Dgrin. Seriously, it's night and day.

I signed up for Kelbytraining.com a few months ago and I haven't stopped watching videos. Great stuff. I've learned a lot. I've also really been taking my time with my shoots. Sometimes I setup and get everything perfect straight away. Other times, I have to make adjustments. Before, I wouldn't take my time to notice the little things, like stray sunlight highlighting a spot on the face, or my fill being placed to high or too low. Stuff like that. Now, I will sit back and observe the scene a bit and make whatever adjustments necessary. Sometimes it means moving everything over to a different spot and setting up again. I guess I'm a lot more confident now and I take charge with the direction things go.

My Smug Site