Options

FOUND: 1d mark II

jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
edited November 16, 2005 in Flea Market
Found!thumb.gif

Looking for a nice used mark II, no beaters pleaseicon10.gif

Have refs both here and on FM as jlapoint. I would prefer that you be the original owner and a non-smoker.

Sell with confidence! I'm pretty easy to deal with! Located in Orange County, CA and open to face to face deals!

-j

Comments

• Options
    chuckhchuckh Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    Looking for a nice used mark II, no beaters pleaseicon10.gif

Have refs both here and on FM as jlapoint. I would prefer that you be the original owner and a non-smoker.

Sell with confidence! I'm pretty easy to deal with! Located in Orange County, CA and open to face to face deals!

-j
    Good luck Jeff, you'll be veeerrryyy happy! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2005
    chuckh wrote:
    Good luck Jeff, you'll be veeerrryyy happy! iloveyou.gif
    Thanks Chuck. Lemme get this straight...so yur saying you don't want to sell me yours?icon10.gif
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    Thinking of selling mine before I depart 12/11. I have not used it since my last day on the job, nor the lenses. I have been offered $3350 for it, wondering how real it is, wanted $3050 with the extra battery. If the guy does not come through I will post here.
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    Thinking of selling mine before I depart 12/11. I have not used it since my last day on the job, nor the lenses. I have been offered $3350 for it, wondering how real it is, wanted $3050 with the extra battery. If the guy does not come through I will post here.
    Let me know lucky, I'm always down for a drive and I bet Angelus Oaks is beautiful this time of year!

-j
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2005
    It is nice here. While you are turning on your headlights and starting your window wipers in the morning dew, here is what I see outside. You're below that. :D

aai.sized.jpg
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 15, 2005
    ... a non-smoker.
    Really? And I mean this seriously, you can tell if a camera body has been used by a smoker? Magnesium and the grade of plastic used in cameras should not pick up smells, right?
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited November 15, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Really? And I mean this seriously, you can tell if a camera body has been used by a smoker? Magnesium and the grade of plastic used in cameras should not pick up smells, right?
    The grade used in the 1 series? Dunno. I did buy a used rebel for my bro in law about 5 months ago and the seller neglected to mention he was a smoker. Took a ton of effort to reduce the smell even by a fraction...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 15, 2005
    The grade used in the 1 series? Dunno. I did buy a used rebel for my bro in law about 5 months ago and the seller neglected to mention he was a smoker. Took a ton of effort to reduce the smell even by a fraction...ne_nau.gif
    Wow, a smelly camera, you learn something every day! lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2005
    Congrats on your new Camthumb.gif , you lucky SOB.

I got Cam 1 back from the repair department today and it's just like new. They had to replace the mirror box and all associated parts.

Now all I have to do is convince Susan that I should sell the 300d and put the money towards a 20d for Christmas.

Let's see " Honey with the kids on the way it would make it alot easier to capture their fast movements with a 20d and more FPS. Not to mention all the extra megapixels will make them look so much more cute"mwink.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Worth a try

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    helmet155helmet155 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited November 15, 2005
    Congrats Jeff, you're gonna like that 1D for sure!!!!

Any plans to break it in this weekend? I'm thinking SJWS or Bolsa this weekend if you're up for it...maybe get the thugs out again

-Brett
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2005
    helmet155 wrote:
    Congrats Jeff, you're gonna like that 1D for sure!!!!

Any plans to break it in this weekend? I'm thinking SJWS or Bolsa this weekend if you're up for it...maybe get the thugs out again

-Brett
    Lets do itthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2005
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    Congrats on your new Camthumb.gif , you lucky SOB.

I got Cam 1 back from the repair department today and it's just like new. They had to replace the mirror box and all associated parts.

Now all I have to do is convince Susan that I should sell the 300d and put the money towards a 20d for Christmas.

Let's see " Honey with the kids on the way it would make it alot easier to capture their fast movements with a 20d and more FPS. Not to mention all the extra megapixels will make them look so much more cute"mwink.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Worth a try

Eric
    Glad everything worked out with Cam 1! Good luck with the sales pitchicon10.gif