Options

Why the lens gap?

2»

Comments

• Options
    jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2012
    Well... you can always rent them. ;)

At least you can try them out and see what works best for you and meets your budget range. Then hope to find what you like best used someday.

FWIW... I had the same thoughts and ended up getting a Nikon 200-400 f4 VR when it first came out. Yeah.. it is pricey and above your budget, but it does cover the gap nicely and quite versatile. I wish at times I had the 400mm 2.8 for some shots, but F4 isn't too bad and the lens is amazingly sharp for being some $3000 cheaper!.

I also went for a replacement RRS foot as it makes an awesome handle when hefting it around as well as the MH-01 Hi-Capacity Monopod Head with a clamp. I love how sturdy it all is and the added tilt adjustment is pretty handy as I shoot motorsports and find myself up on mounds etc and can pre-dial in the angle.
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    jww wrote: »
    Well... you can always rent them. ;)

I've done that, it's great fun.

sports.jpg

I will do it again someday when my kids are older and playing in "important" games.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    Of course you're right. I'm just dreaming. Thanks for the compliment.

He just quoted post #7 word for word.
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    He just quoted post #7 word for word.

Weird. Must be a spammer. :spam

Edit - yep! Haha, all his posts are gone.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    I've done that, it's great fun.

sports.jpg

I will do it again someday when my kids are older and playing in "important" games.

Nice! ..well, except for the white sign in the background. :p