Untitled (signs of the times?)

MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
edited August 10, 2012 in Street and Documentary
IMGP3903-XL.jpg

IMGP3936-XL.jpg

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2012
    These two shots made me chuckle after I got the message of the images. Since it took me some time to decipher them, I think that would mean the shot was taken farther than it should be. rolleyes1.gif Perhaps a tighter crop could help? ne_nau.gif Nevertheless, I still got the idea. Nice work. thumb.gif:D
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2012
    jiro wrote: »
    These two shots made me chuckle after I got the message of the images. Since it took me some time to decipher them, I think that would mean the shot was taken farther than it should be. rolleyes1.gif Perhaps a tighter crop could help? ne_nau.gif Nevertheless, I still got the idea. Nice work. thumb.gif:D

They are cropped, fairly aggresively. The boat pilot refused to get closer to those rocks for some reason. :cry Thanks for the feedback. Next time we go out maybe I'll bring a longer zoom.

One hint I learned from doing this twice now. Take dramamine! I do not normally get seasick, but after taking 100+ shots looking through that little viewfinder, my stomach was more than a little queesy!
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2012
    took me awhile to see that the cells were there and for this reason I don't think the title works. I like the fishing shot as a shot although I would crop out the pole on the left and you could absolutely crop this tighter

http://dgrin.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36570&stc=1&d=1344605681
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
    edited August 10, 2012
    Yeah, the cell phones aren't really the point of the shot anyway. But it did amuse me. I originally titled the first one "Boys of Summer."
    edited August 10, 2012
    And here's another one from the same pass around the rocks that might be clearer:

IMGP3902-L.jpg
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2012
    I like the one with the teenagers fishing, the crop minus the pole works much better,you might want to consider cropping a bit more off the top.