Printmark downloads but not prints?

robtesarrobtesar Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited September 4, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I'm trying to offer my clients a web-sized and printmarked download of their gallery, but can't get the option to show up when buying the gallery unless I choose to append the printmark to ALL merchandise, and I don't want it on actual ordered prints.

And unless I can choose different printmarks for different merchandise, I don't see a workaround such as having a transparent printmark.

Any big secret here?

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2012
    The availability of printmarked downloads is dependent on the printmark setting in the gallery settings. So you can't offer printmarked downloads and have printmarks not enabled for prints at the same time.
    What you could do is to make sure that proof delay is enabled in your galleries and then when an order is placed, you could disable printmarks for individual items in the order via the Pro order screen while the order is in proof delay.

Note that during proof delay, you can only remove printmarks and not toggle printmarks back on.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • darklightphotographydarklightphotography Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    So does proof delay work for downloads then? This page says that it doesn't.

This would be a useful feature for me as well.
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2012
    Download products can't be proof delayed. They're available to the customer right away as soon as the customer completes the order.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero