Swedish footy!

EmpssonEmpsson Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited August 17, 2012 in Sports
My brother had a game the other day here in my town in Sweden. I had some shots taken and thought i'd share it with you guys.

IMG1298-L.jpg

IMG1304-L.jpg

IMG1335-L.jpg

IMG1339-L.jpg

IMG1413-L.jpg

IMG1400-L.jpg

IMG1433-L.jpg

C&C are very welcome.

Comments

• perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2012
    You've given us too many images for a true c&c, but I'll share a few thoughts.

1. No faces no ball.
    2. Ball, but no faces and no action
    3. This would be great if framed tightly. Horizon is crooked.
    4. Similar to 3. Get in there tight. Good shot
    5. Horizon is crooked, and blurry player on the right of the frame distracts from an otherwise nice emotion shot.
    6. Not really much going on here.
    7. Might be a good head and shoulders shot, but we don't need to see his feet or waist.

The colors are good, as is the contrast. Maybe even a bit too much, but some people really like that. Not sure if you are adding a vignette or your lens is. Might want to examine that.

Good luck!
  • EmpssonEmpsson Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2012
    Thank you for looking and giving your thoughts. It's very helpful for me to get a second opinion for my shots. I can agree on almost everything you pointed out and will keep that in mind for next time. As for the colouring and contrast, i really like it when it's kinda strong and makes it pop out a bit, but that's just my opinion. Although i may have gone a bit far on some of them.. And also the vignetting, I added for it to pop a bit more and makes for a cool effect, i think;)
    Thanks!
    You've given us too many images for a true c&c, but I'll share a few thoughts.

1. No faces no ball.
    2. Ball, but no faces and no action
    3. This would be great if framed tightly. Horizon is crooked.
    4. Similar to 3. Get in there tight. Good shot
    5. Horizon is crooked, and blurry player on the right of the frame distracts from an otherwise nice emotion shot.
    6. Not really much going on here.
    7. Might be a good head and shoulders shot, but we don't need to see his feet or waist.

The colors are good, as is the contrast. Maybe even a bit too much, but some people really like that. Not sure if you are adding a vignette or your lens is. Might want to examine that.

Good luck!
  • perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2012
    The vignette seems helpful to make things pop out, because you've not cropped tightly enough. You're darkening unimportant parts of the frame. Simply remove the unimportant parts... it works more effectively.

Best of luck.
  • EmpssonEmpsson Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2012
    Thank you for your tips and you will see more football shots from me in the future :D
    The vignette seems helpful to make things pop out, because you've not cropped tightly enough. You're darkening unimportant parts of the frame. Simply remove the unimportant parts... it works more effectively.

Best of luck.
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2012
    Rule of field sports: in most cases you need to have at least two out of the following three things in your shots: face, ball, conflict. Of course there are exceptions, but that is a good rule of thumb when culling duds out of a set of sports photos.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2012
    It has been said here before, and it's good advice: Shoot tight and crop tighter. I'm not sure what lens you're using, but I'm guessing 70-200??? The longest focal length I see in these shots is 154mm. Crank that bad boy out there! Nobody wants to see a field of grass, and only a coach is interested in "context." For most viewers, the tighter your shot, the more exciting. Football is tough to shoot because the angles change so rapidly, but practice with the long lens and it will come.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2012
    F.A.C.T. Face, Action, Contact, Toy
    Remember FACT - Face, Action, Contact (with ball, person, etc.), Toy (ball, stick.etc.) when shooting and selecting shots. If you get all four you got a big winner, 3 out of 4 can be very good too.

I use this for football (USA), baseball, and running, although that latter generally only has three - Face, Action and Contact.

Never shot soccer, but would love to try.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil