Options

Price Lists

reinareina Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited August 16, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HATE this price list thing that I was just migrated to. It is the biggest, pain in the rear end. Is there any way that I can go back to the old way? I just can't continue to waste time on this! Who thought this was more efficient, because it is NOT!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2012
    Hello, you can't go back but the SmugMug Support Heroes are always standing by to give personal help - just drop them a line or open up a chat - you'll pick it up in no time. http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    MDCSFMDCSF Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2012
    That's what I thought at first also. When I finally got a chance to sit down and look at it carefully. It really makes sense. Once the system migrated all of my price list in one big list, it was a big pain in the rear to look through all of them...So this is what I did and has been working for me every since.

I started with a fresh price list. For example:

- Wedding/Engagements
    - Events (birthdays, etc)
    - Corporate events
    - Download only

By selecting only a limited number of print option and popular sizes to offer your clients. It makes the buying option less clutter and more user friendly for your clients. Any sizes not listed could be a potential up sell option. Once you get that all sorted out everything moving forward is a piece of cake... :ivar

P.S - the support heros are real - clap.gif
    Cheers,
    T
    All mods were found somewhere in this forum. :D Thanks DGrin!!!
  • Options
    laslolaslo Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2012
    I don't think we should have to take a course in pricing or spend a much time on something that worked well in the past. The new system should be easily used. I make my money taking photos not figuring out how to solve something that worked and is now broken.
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2012
    laslo wrote: »
    I don't think we should have to take a course in pricing or spend a much time on something that worked well in the past. The new system should be easily used. I make my money taking photos not figuring out how to solve something that worked and is now broken.

Laslso, 5 minutes with the Heroes should fix you up. Less time than posting here on this forum deal.gif Let 'em help you :D
  • Options
    MDCSFMDCSF Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2012
    The new price list system breaks the print category down to a much easier format to handle. The old system list everything and you had to scroll through every single item.

The new price list beaks things up into prints, canvas, etc. Weather you're offering everything or a select few print options..it takes only a few minutes to setup IMO. You can increase by % amount or dollar amounts and have the system automatically set the ending prices to round to either .00 or .99 or .95 which are all good marketing amounts.

Like Andy said the Support Heroes are awesome...
    Cheers,
    T
    All mods were found somewhere in this forum. :D Thanks DGrin!!!
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2012
    MDCSF wrote: »
    That's what I thought at first also. When I finally got a chance to sit down and look at it carefully. It really makes sense. Once the system migrated all of my price list in one big list, it was a big pain in the rear to look through all of them...So this is what I did and has been working for me every since.

I started with a fresh price list. For example:

- Wedding/Engagements
    - Events (birthdays, etc)
    - Corporate events
    - Download only

By selecting only a limited number of print option and popular sizes to offer your clients. It makes the buying option less clutter and more user friendly for your clients. Any sizes not listed could be a potential up sell option. Once you get that all sorted out everything moving forward is a piece of cake... :ivar

P.S - the support heros are real - clap.gif
    Andy wrote: »
    Laslso, 5 minutes with the Heroes should fix you up. Less time than posting here on this forum deal.gif Let 'em help you :D

I am waiting!!
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2012
    Andy wrote: »

I have now wasted over an hour of my time since emailing tech support. Still can't set price for my gallery. I have hundreds of photos that I need to upload into numerous galleries but can't do anything until I can set prices. I do not want to give the photos away because galeries are not proced correctly.
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2012
    laslo wrote: »
    I have now wasted over an hour of my time since emailing tech support. Still can't set price for my gallery. I have hundreds of photos that I need to upload into numerous galleries but can't do anything until I can set prices. I do not want to give the photos away because galeries are not proced correctly.

Laslo, hop on chat with this heroes and just get it done deal.gif
  • Options
    HeroOfCantonHeroOfCanton Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2012
    We are on chat right now with you, we'll get this sorted out :)

In the future, versus posting several different times here, sending several emails etc, I would recommend hoping directly on chat, it's the quickest way to get to us :)
    Quality Engineer - My SmugMug Site

Getting started on DGrin? Go here first!
    Contact a Support Hero: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new
  • Options
    RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2012
    Even though I have the pricelist thing taken care of, it is, by far, my worst experience ever with Smugmug. This includes all the times where the entire site was down. No idea why you "fixed" something that was never broken in the first place.
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com