Options

New Price List system is big waste of my time

laslolaslo Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited August 21, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am here twiddling my thumbs trying to set prices.
I am stuck pricing a gallery. I renamed one of the pricelists just now to “Horse Show Pricing” and now can’t apply it to this gallery. http://www.digitalexpressionsphotography.com/Equestrian/BCHP-8-12-2012-Schooling-Horse/BCHP-8-12-2012-HT-Dressage/24739818_LLMVdf . It is pretty hard for me to run a business like this. You had a good system and created one that is confusing and complicated. How do I apply the pricing to this gallery. I need specific directions. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

Comments

• Options
    laslolaslo Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2012
    What happened to my pricelist
    I renamed one of the pricelists that was "migrated" over by you, saved it then applied changes. Now the pricelist dissapeared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is going on???????? I can't do very basic things anymore with the new system. I will be looking for other solution very soon.
  • Options
    HeroOfCantonHeroOfCanton Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2012
    We are on chat right now with you, we'll get this sorted out :)

In the future, versus posting several different times here, sending several emails etc, I would recommend hoping directly on chat, it's the quickest way to get to us :)
    Quality Engineer - My SmugMug Site

Getting started on DGrin? Go here first!
    Contact a Support Hero: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new
  • Options
    Cougar548Cougar548 Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2012
    Was there ever a solution found, or is the price list just a little finicky? I ask this because I set up a price list at one point and applied it to a gallery. I know that it was valid because I had clients purchase photos from that gallery. However the other night when I was adding a new gallery I noticed that it said my original price list was not in use by any gallery and even when I tried to apply it to my new gallery, it wouldn't let me. So I had to duplicate the "invisible" gallery to be able to use it again. Any one experience this or have something similar occur?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2012
    Cougar548 wrote: »
    Was there ever a solution found, or is the price list just a little finicky? I ask this because I set up a price list at one point and applied it to a gallery. I know that it was valid because I had clients purchase photos from that gallery. However the other night when I was adding a new gallery I noticed that it said my original price list was not in use by any gallery and even when I tried to apply it to my new gallery, it wouldn't let me. So I had to duplicate the "invisible" gallery to be able to use it again. Any one experience this or have something similar occur?

Email the heroes http://help.smugmug.com they will sort it out!
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2012
    I'm suspicious that the particular pricelist you are wondering about is your 'default' - the one that has a blue star by it in the master list of pricelists. That is automatically applied to galleries unless you specify a different pricelist. In the drop down menu within the pricing tool at the gallery level we display 'no pricelist applied' which in fact means that gallery uses the 'default' list, not that it is unpriced.

If that isn't the explanation for the problem, please do email the heroes with links to the galleries in question.

ann

Cougar548 wrote: »