Options

Napa Valley Locations

PilotBradPilotBrad Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
I am intamately familiar with Napa Valley from a winery perspective, but not so much when it comes to photography locations.

I'd like to capture some landscapes and sunset shots over the vineyards, and I am curious if anyone has any specific spots with grand views they could recommend.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2012
    Hey Brad
    If you are looking for vistas Silverado Trail that runs the Eastern Side of the Napa Valley is good for morning light for Vineyard Vistas going up toward Calistoga. Lots of side roads that go up the mountian that gives you some elevation over the valley There are many old Bridges that cross the river but are hard to get a good angle on due to trees and brush.
    Highways 128/29 takes you on the west side of the valley Yountville, St Helena, Calistoga if you go up 29 it will take you to Robert Louis Stevenson State You have some good vistas of the valley looking south summer is kinda bland unless you get soome marine layer or clouds. Although the grapes are ripening so good time for shots of them. Berenger Vineyards Tasting house is a cool place in St Helena really nice landscaped grounds. Oakville Grade Rd out of Yountville gets up off the Valley and there is a Winery up at the top that is good for vistas.
    Sunsets are tough there because of the mountains if you go to the south of Napa at the Winepress monument you can get some nice sunsets.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    PilotBradPilotBrad Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2012
    Thanks!