Documentary Discussion & Debate

RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
edited August 15, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Your commentary about this sub-forum, documentary/street/pj, what is, what isn't, what must be, tradition, breaking rules, complaints.... they are all interesting. There are people who want to read and participate in that discussion. Please post your thoughts about larger documentary and photography concepts here. Please keep comments focused on the images in the C&C threads. Non-related responses aren't fair to the person who invested a great deal of time, emotion, energy, and money to bring us an image to view and discuss. If they want to know if a picture can be classified as "X" - they will ask.

I don't carry a stick, but I did say please. Would you pleeeeease help me? :lust

Here is a bone for pickin'... What can we do to encourage more people to engage in street/docu/pj work? Tutorials, guides, tips? Show them Bruce Gilden videos and exclaim: "This too could be YOU! Sign up for our 'how to be a jerk' class TODAY!" Or maybe we show them the ultimate "found objects" photographer, William Eggleston, and write a how-to guide? Step 1: Drop acid or otherwise intoxicate yourself. Step 2: Obtain beautiful companion for canoodling. Step 3: Randomly point Leica at banal object. Step 4: Show work at MOMA.

http://www.moma.org/collection/artist.php?artist_id=1690

Seriously love "Eggy's" work. I'm pretty sure if he posted here, his images would be moved to "other cool shots." :D
Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
Website | Galleries | Utah PJs

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2012
    RyanS wrote: »
    Seriously love "Eggy's" work. I'm pretty sure if he posted here, his images would be moved to "other cool shots." :D

Hardly but if he posted HDR, composites, etc they would be moved to Other Cool Shots.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"