Options

Another guy

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited August 16, 2012 in People
Playing with some hdr and extractions and just stuff. Pardon the watermark.

1. i-n5n9ns5-XL.jpg

2. i-9NpcZHV-XL.jpg

3. i-gLBK5zm-XL.jpg

4. i-VXf4GPP-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2012
    Good stuff Chuck. That 2nd one is great. It's kind of cool to see what these kids enjoy doing in your neck of the woods. So different than out my way.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2012
    Once I had a fellow who trapped and brought in 4 traps and 4 dead muskrats, different.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2012
    These are really, really nice!

As a side note when I was a kid I used to trap muskrats.

Sam
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2012
    Sam wrote: »
    These are really, really nice!

As a side note when I was a kid I used to trap muskrats.

Sam

Why am I not surprised Sam.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2012
    Good stuff! I really like number 4. I absolutely love the Joel Grimes lighting style. However, it's not clean around the glove and in the pocket. Bits of shirt missing under the right arm too.

Number 3 needs a bit of work. You can see quite a bit of the original background around his left shoulder, chin and the bat, and there is a chunk missing from the tip of the bat.
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 16, 2012
    Fun stuff! I would tone down the magenta in the skin tone on the first one. On the last one, the lighting color on the subject doesn't match the lights in the background. Convert it to B&W, stand back and enjoy. nod.gif
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2012
    As always good stuff here, the kids in your area seem to really like you and that is a big accomplishment. Only nit.. in #1 the area under his nose is so airbrushed on my computer there is no contrast between bottom of nose and upper lip. BTW I used a beauty light last week for the first time, the catchlights made a big difference!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2012
    kdog wrote: »
    Fun stuff! I would tone down the magenta in the skin tone on the first one. On the last one, the lighting color on the subject doesn't match the lights in the background. Convert it to B&W, stand back and enjoy. nod.gif

I agree on the first one I'll correct that. On the second one I don't mind the difference. I think at times we photographers think too much about an image and get in the way of ourselves. Thanks alot for the input. Appreciate having more than one set of eyes.
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2012
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    As always good stuff here, the kids in your area seem to really like you and that is a big accomplishment. Only nit.. in #1 the area under his nose is so airbrushed on my computer there is no contrast between bottom of nose and upper lip. BTW I used a beauty light last week for the first time, the catchlights made a big difference!

This fellow had a fair complexion problem. I used portrature and did back it down to about 60%. I don't mind it. Many folks say to go for realism but I'll bet when photographed and they see what they really look like most would want to be retouched. I know for me there is not enough Liquify in photoshop.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 16, 2012
    Hackbone wrote: »
    On the second one I don't mind the difference.
    Have you tried it in B&W? I'm not normally a big fan of B&W but I tried this one and it's amazing. You should try it if you haven't already. Joel Grimes desaturates his HDR composites and does B&W conversions probably for the same reason. Plus it completely removes the issue of his reddish complexion.