A message to all.......

MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
edited November 16, 2005 in Holy Macro
he he.... you gotta open the cork first :-) (you like????)

21500871-M-3.jpg
Markjay
Canon AE1 - it was my first "real camera"
Canon 20D - no more film!

Comments

• MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2005
    What no comments? :-)
    27 views not one comment....

you're scaring me folks!! lol

Is it that bad, are you just being kind? If you don't like it, I'm more interested in hearing from you than if you do like it :-)

K?

Thank you,
    Markjay
    Markjay
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2005
    Ahhhhhhh A Message In A Bottle
    Markjay wrote:
    he he.... you gotta open the cork first :-) (you like????)
    I do like it Mark, I love the ripples in the water, only thing is the bottle looks brand new :D so that would tell me the message in the bottle is also new.

Did you leave it there for someone to find? Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2005
    Markjay wrote:
    27 views not one comment....

you're scaring me folks!! lol

Is it that bad, are you just being kind? If you don't like it, I'm more interested in hearing from you than if you do like it :-)

K?

Thank you,
    Markjay

Mark -- if you want serious hardcore critique, why not post in the whipping post?

I'll tell you how I feel - I've seen this before - so give me something different! I don't dig the giant's eye view of this bottle - get down, give me a cool perspective, with the horizon, a boat, waves, anything to jazz it up..

Thanks for posting!
    edited November 15, 2005
    You're right, Andy.....
    Thanks, Andy. You are absolutely right... this would have been MUCH better in the whipping post where I could get blunt critique. I happen to find this composition pleasing but you are right again, it's certainly not a personal point of view. I do have an older bottle image, I guess most people expect / want to see a bottle that's weathered and been "out there' for a while.

Thank you very much for your point of view, Andy.

Markjay

andy wrote:
    Mark -- if you want serious hardcore critique, why not post in the whipping post?

I'll tell you how I feel - I've seen this before - so give me something different! I don't dig the giant's eye view of this bottle - get down, give me a cool perspective, with the horizon, a boat, waves, anything to jazz it up..

Thanks for posting!
    Markjay
    edited November 15, 2005
    Thank you...... you are also right!
    The bottle is "too new" and does not look like it's been out in the ocean seeking out someone to find it long enough :-)

Hope all is well down under, Skippy?

Markjay
    Skippy wrote:
    I do like it Mark, I love the ripples in the water, only thing is the bottle looks brand new :D so that would tell me the message in the bottle is also new.

Did you leave it there for someone to find? Skippy (Australia)
    Markjay
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2005
    andy wrote:
    I agree with Andy. This is a nice idea, but I don't like the angle. I think I would like to see the camera on the same horizontal plane as the bottle, ie laying on the ground, facing the water.

I don't mind the new bottle that much.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2005
    I like the angle Mark, it looks like I'm there looking down at it. Cool shot.