Options

A couple more for C&C

AlTheKillerAlTheKiller Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
edited August 16, 2012 in People
Took these last night and Im not overly happy with how the first one turned out. I couldnt figure out how to get rid of the blue hue in the white of her eye and to me the skin tone seems off. What are your thoughts?

7792827450_16a7662156_z.jpg
Untitled by SoulfulRecover, on Flickr

This one I couldt get the thick strand of hair that is tight up against her neck out and still look natural. Other than that I am quite pleased with it. Any C&C?

7792725176_b659ea02b2_z.jpg
Untitled by SoulfulRecover, on Flickr

Thank you for taking the time to look at these :D

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2012
    Don't like the first one. I see what you were going for but I think you missed. In tight like that, for it to work, you need to fill the frame with the her face, not a bunch of negative space. I would have shot this with her facing more towards the camera. Maybe even straight on. As for the blue cast, I would selectively desaturate the eye in PS.

The second photos is nice. I'd watch the nose shadow though. It's a bit too low for my tastes. I see you have the main light almost right over head. Try placing it so the catchlights are at 10 and 2 o'clock. That should get the nose shadow a little more lateral on the check and connect it to the check shadow. That hair should be pretty simple to fix with a combo of the clone tool and then clean up with the healing brush.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site