Options

Todays gal.

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited August 18, 2012 in People
Wife and daughter are having a jewelry party so I'm out of the house for awhile. Had a cute lady come in today for senior portraits. Mom had someone hit her vehicle on the way to the studio so they were late. We're gonna do a walkabout later.

Again all with the large 4x6 softbox, reflector, bkg light, and one or two kickers. CC away.

1. i-GJWRdP3-XL.jpg

2.i-r6D2h3t-XL.jpg

3. i-CvZ5gDB-XL.jpg

4. i-sNskBh4-XL.jpg

5. i-RDkFQ7F-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2012
    Love #3 Chuck and that last one is adorable.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2012
    Love #3 Chuck and that last one is adorable.

Thanks, I need to catch up to you on the outside work!!
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2012
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Thanks, I need to catch up to you on the outside work!!

I seriously doubt that Charles. You're work is awesome.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2012
    All are wonderful, three is outstanding.

I think I've noticed a bit different skin retouch work coming from you lately. Have you changed something?
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2012
    All are wonderful, three is outstanding.

I think I've noticed a bit different skin retouch work coming from you lately. Have you changed something?

Still using imaganomics Portrature and backing off a little and dodging in some highlights. I play around with color temp to get what I'm looking for and once in awhile some Imaganomics sharpening. Thats about it.

I'll try to do a before and after later.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2012
    That last one is perfection! I too see some different skinwork - it's a little stronger than I like in those first shots, but if the client likes it then it's the "right" amount!! Always love learning from what you do with lighting thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2012
    I get excited when a client brings appropriate clothing. Can't be real creative with 4 or 5 t shirts.
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2012
    Great stuff. Only pose I'm not a fan of is #2, but she looks like she's having a great time, so that trumps that....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    GothamGotham Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2012
    divamum wrote: »
    That last one is perfection! I too see some different skinwork - it's a little stronger than I like in those first shots, but if the client likes it then it's the "right" amount!! Always love learning from what you do with lighting thumb.gif
    15524779-Ti.gif The lighting is great, but retouching is a bit strong for my taste. I very rarely do senior portraits, but it seems like they are almost always done outside these days. I'm surprised to see studio shots.
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2012
    Gotham wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif The lighting is great, but retouching is a bit strong for my taste. I very rarely do senior portraits, but it seems like they are almost always done outside these days. I'm surprised to see studio shots.

Most senior shots are still done inside for the majority. However you see alot of outside shots because the studio guys and gals are going outside as well as those who don't own studios. Some free sites seem to have more non studio folks than the paid sites so you get more outside shots.
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2012
    Beautiful series Chuck

Chuck Cassidy,
    www.aperturefocus.com
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com