Evening Fishing

ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited August 18, 2012 in Street and Documentary
I believe this is the best forum for this type of shot. Taken in the evening as the light was dimming quite a bit. Tide was starting to roll in and the locals were heading out to fish.

Fairly rare when you see them fishing from the shore, much less 4 of them in view. Most are out on little boats. Mostly SOOC, but obviously flipped to black and white as I feel it fits the mood and scene better.

dsc0110vi.jpg

Comments

• Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2012
    I like the tones, Z, but the composition is a bit off for me. The man made stone is very distracting from all the natural environment to me, and it just feels like you're too distant from the subjects. Wider and closer is how I see this image ideally. I'm guilty of the same thing all the time.
  • ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2012
    Think cropping up and in on the left may help a bit? Make it more of a pano style crop? I agree though. When looking at it, that part stood out to me as well.
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2012
    ZBlack wrote: »
    Think cropping up and in on the left may help a bit? Make it more of a pano style crop? I agree though. When looking at it, that part stood out to me as well.

That could definitely improve it. Just don't get too crazy, otherwise you go from street to something else, in my opinion.