Options

Two Parrots one Volcano

bignick243bignick243 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited August 21, 2012 in Landscapes
Hiked up Mt St Helen's yesterday. I think next year I might try to drag my tripod up with me so I can attempt a panorama of the crater.

IMG1562-XL.jpg

IMG1563-XL.jpg

IMG1568-XL.jpg

IMG1569-XL.jpg

IMG1570-XL.jpg

IMG1571-XL.jpg

IMG1573-XL.jpg

IMG1575-XL.jpg

IMG1576-XL.jpg

IMG1577-XL.jpg

IMG1587-XL.jpg

IMG1578-XL.jpg

IMG1591-XL.jpg

IMG1594-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2012
    I applaud your effort in getting to the top of Mt. St. Helens. I doubt I could do that. Your shots of the crater are very good. I'm still amazed at the force required to blow away that much of the mountain top. Thanks for sharing these pictures.

Love your parrots too.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2012
    In case of emergency those little birds won't feed you for long. :D:D

Sam
  • Options
    JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2012
    You must have gotten a lot of attention with those parrots!. Probably not enough snow left to glissade down, huh?

About panoramas- modern stitching programs can totally handle hand held pans. On a sunny day that like where you can stop down the aperture, without rapidly moving clouds, and with strong contrast in the image, if you make sure to overlap your shots enough to compensate for any softness in the corners, you can make hand held panoramas that you can blow up pretty large without seeing any distortion from the stitching.

Nice photos, love the parrots.

Last year we had great luck to hike up the morning after a major thunderstorm (and good enough gear the night before to sleep tight). Your shots are great, but I can definitely see the difference in clarity and detail that the specific conditions make, especially up there.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • Options
    EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2012
    Awesome! We have an Amazon and a blue and gold macaw.
  • Options
    bignick243bignick243 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 21, 2012
    Thanks for all the kind words. Some people love the birds some people think its the dumbest thing they have ever seen. Some people were were wondering if I had food and water for them. I had to explain this isn't my my first rodeo and in fact it was my male parrots 3rd time up the mountain. I do pack plenty of food and water for them. I treat them better than some people treat their kids. lol

They are well traveled and I hope to get some more pics when I head down to the Oregon coast in September.