Options

#109 Second Guessing....

kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,277 Major grins
edited August 20, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Help! Looking for some feedback. I went out this morning to the community garden where there are some gorgeous blooms. I posted this one (#1)
i-kGhjK4F-XL.jpg
But am wondering if any of these are more unique/interesting/better? Thanks for your help.

i-DvbDgHZ-XL.jpg

i-Pdm4pFW-XL.jpg

i-fsWDvHf-XL.jpg

i-DRRDKqt-XL.jpg

i-thFPCf6-XL.jpg
Kate
www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2012
    I really like the one you entered, however upon seeing your options here, I'm especially intrigued by this last one #6 because it's so unique and reveals some interesting details with those tendrils (or whatever they are!). I would probably play some with #6 in terms of background, or contrast or I'm not even sure what exactly to bring out the details even more, but, flower freak that I am, I've never seen that type of plant and it made me look the longest. My 2nd choice would be the one you entered.
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2012
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Your entry is nice and I really like it, but there is something about #6...
    It is beautifully soft with the "tendrils" reaching up. Great focus.
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2012
    i-nk8pX22-M.jpg

I've played with #6 a bit to darken the background and I also cropped it. Better?
    Kate
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,954 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    It's nice, but I really still like #1 better. #6 edited is second IMHO.

(That's even though I don't care for pink as a color)
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    2, 5 and 6 for me! The green of number 6 is gorgeous.....on my monitor, the balance is good....and the crop doesn't help it, because the curve in the first version is quite satisfying (to my eye.)
    I think #2 feels quite fresh.....very invigorating shapes and colors in that one. #5 is just plain pretty. And for me, they're all better than your original entry.......the heavy post-processing of your original distracts from the delicate, intricate form of the bloom. For me, it doesn't work (but I bet it does for plenty of other people.)
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    I like the newer background in your #6 as it reveals the details better, but I agree with Leah in that the newer crop is a bit too tight since the curve of the original was a plus adding to the overall pretty and ethereal feeling of the image capture.
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    #1, then #6 uncropped.

Both very nice & likely to get my vote. For what that's worth.

Sherry
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    I like the uncropped #6... really cool.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2012
    Thank you, everyone for your comments. I do believe I'll enter the uncropped #6. : )
    Kate
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2012
    Good choice. I love grasses. They are so graceful.
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2012
    Really like the revised 6 (the one you entered). Nice color, focus & comp! But my real fav is #5 - love the detail, DOF & comp in that one.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/