Tug of war

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
edited August 19, 2012 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2012
    Nice capture, i like it
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    great shot. I like the onlooking boxer jealous that he is not part of the action.
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    great shot. I like the onlooking boxer jealous that he is not part of the action.

Yeah, while all the humans ignore what us happening. thumb.gif

clap.gif
    Don

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    Closer... OR a square crop to eliminate the two guys on the left so that the three dogs and the one person become the photo.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    The brightness of the guy on the left squatting down distracts attention, away from the dogs,and the girl looking in his direction,doesn't help.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited August 19, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. My own feeling is that this was close but not quite. As rainbow and lensmole implied, the best visuals are the dogs and the seated woman. The other two guys don't add anything. But I also think that Don's point about the dogs' world vs. the human world has some value. I had no time to work the scene--the larger dog won the battle quickly--so it was just a grab. I tried cropping but there was no way of getting just the woman and the dogs cleanly without PS skullduggery, and while I'm not ideologically opposed to that, it just didn't seem worth the effort.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    Took me awhile to work something out for this one :D Several potential possibles to fix on.
    Whats clever in the catch for me about this scene is there appears 2 tug of wars. "Meditating" woman appears to care less about the conversational one in front of her but the boxer may be thinking of grabbing a piece of the action he is viewing between the 2 dogs physically having one. Your title really lends itself well, for me, if not perfectly to this image Richard. Nice grab thumb.gif
    Michael