Hey guys! Piece of Macroni here!

ForceGhostForceGhost Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited August 20, 2012 in Holy Macro
Hey guys, I've been on various other photography communities and have noticed that they are.. well, to put it bluntly. Awful.

I've been a lurker here for a while and love the forum layout and the moderators mature attitude here!

Anyways, i'm really getting into macro (More small objects in strange places) photography recently and took this shot last night.

7811029878_f2be6cdcee.jpg
P1020852Pahse2 by ForceGhost, on Flickr

What do you guys think? Please excuse the awful quality i have yet to purchase a DSLR so am using a FZ28. I wouldn't mind some tips for lighting but on the VERY cheap. The built in flash on my camera seems very harsh and looks a strange whitey-blue tinty colour.

Shots like these are what i am being inspired by.
7692650882_1bee5259be.jpg
Gravy Boat 214/366 by [inFocus], on Flickr

Sorry if i missed anything!
Kind Regards,
Jordon.
My website

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2012
    Welcome to the forum.
    LIke the shot- more of a closeup still life than traditional macro.
    Re the flash, not sure what position the zoom lens is in for closeups but you could easily make a plastic sheet diffuser which is. pear shaped with a hole in the narrow end which just fits over the end of the lens but is tight enough to keep the bottom part upright in the path of the flash. A piece of plastic milk bottle would work for this.
    Re the flash colour tint, not sure if this applies to your camera but I always shoot RAW and change the colour temp during RAW conversion but I have the opposite problem and change it to a cooler look. What white balance setting is on the camera ? - I leave mine on AWB.
    Brian v.