The Beach

PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
edited August 19, 2012 in Street and Documentary
This is a re-edit of a previous post from awile ago.
I toned down the vignette and straightened the horizon as well as removed some dust and scratches

smugshot7617342-L.jpg
David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
My Website
Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |

Comments

• Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    David,

A couple of things I love about this great image: the clarity of it, and a sharpness throughout which really brings the ocean to life. I also like the excellent balance between the two groups on either side of the composition and the boys in the middle, who break up that pattern with play.

Some things which would make it perfect, in my opinion: it seems there's too much clarity, and so much that it has actually messed up the fringes of the image. Maybe I'm not seeing it correctly, but it appears there is some strangeness at the bottom right corner especially. I also wished that this had not been taken at eye level. Had you crouched, and made the family more predominant, I think you'd have a different image altogether, really, but a better one. That comment is less about this image, and more about the next one you see.

Overall though, great post!
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    Thanks for the comments. I had taken this lower but then the bodies obstructed the water and I lost the depth. In any case it is still not eye level I did crouch a bit. (I'm 6ft 2in).
    My Website
    edited August 19, 2012
    Is the "strangeness" my watermark?
    My Website
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    Is the "strangeness" my watermark?

No, not at all. It looks like there are some artifacts or something in that area.

I'm the same height, and I know how you feel. I understand you had a desire to make this specific image as well.
    edited August 19, 2012
    Quincy T wrote: »
    No, not at all. It looks like there are some artifacts or something in that area.

I'm the same height, and I know how you feel. I understand you had a desire to make this specific image as well.

ah yes, it is from when I removed the vignette which was burned into the image. I'll try and smooth it out.
    My Website