On A Sunday

lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited August 21, 2012 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    Nice shot. I think I would eliminate that real bright spot near the left front wheel. Do you know the make of the car? It looks like a project in the works.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    Nice shot. I think I would eliminate that real bright spot near the left front wheel. Do you know the make of the car? It looks like a project in the works.

Tom

Thank you asking,Tom! I was hoping you knew. I am thinking maybe an MG, don't really know anything about the car, except that it appeared the car was sanded down to bare metal. Sort of looked like stainless steel, but I did see the car being driven down the road, so it must of had a type of clear coat or something to protect it. I really appreciate your comments, Thank you !
    edited August 19, 2012
    lensmole wrote: »
    Thank you asking,Tom! I was hoping you knew. I am thinking maybe an MG, don't really know anything about the car, except that it appeared the car was sanded down to bare metal. Sort of looked like stainless steel, but I did see the car being driven down the road, so it must of had a type of clear coat or something to protect it. I really appreciate your comments, Thank you !

I'm certain that the car is an Alfa-Romero. I'm not certain of the exact model. I'm guessing it's an early '30s to mid-'30s car. I'll see if I can pin it down more specifically. You did do an admirable job in less than ideal lighting.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2012
    What grabbed my attention was the nice B&W conversion of the shot. Nice POV, too. For me, the framing is just right. Though I am tempted to say that it would look more dramatic with a lower vantage point and taken at a wider aperture opening. I like this. Nice shot!
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
    edited August 20, 2012
    jiro wrote: »
    What grabbed my attention was the nice B&W conversion of the shot. Nice POV, too. For me, the framing is just right. Though I am tempted to say that it would look more dramatic with a lower vantage point and taken at a wider aperture opening. I like this. Nice shot!

Thank you for your comments Jiro. I am glad you like it. A lower perspective would indeed make it more dramatic, but I would have had to sacrifice loosing a major part of the car ,mainly the hood area in this case. I like to get as many details in sharp focus as I can when a car is involved,and thous the reason for the narrow aperture.
    edited August 21, 2012
    lensmole wrote: »
    Thank you for your comments Jiro. I am glad you like it. A lower perspective would indeed make it more dramatic, but I would have had to sacrifice loosing a major part of the car ,mainly the hood area in this case. I like to get as many details in sharp focus as I can when a car is involved,and thous the reason for the narrow aperture.

You made sound decisions regarding the chosen perspective and aperture. Unless you're out to isolate some particular feature....and you find a narrow depth of field helps you do that....it's always best, when shooting cars, to go for as much detail as possible. Good work.

Tom
    edited August 21, 2012
    You made sound decisions regarding the chosen perspective and aperture. Unless you're out to isolate some particular feature....and you find a narrow depth of field helps you do that....it's always best, when shooting cars, to go for as much detail as possible. Good work.

Tom

Thanks !for your support Tom. The car does look like Alf - Romeo from the the 1930s,although I really don't know. It must be missing its front bumper and I can't seem to find anything that matches those small lights in front, I guess they would be signal lights ?