Options

Female Hockey Player

Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
edited August 22, 2012 in People
As part of her senior session, this gal wanted a shot with her hockey stick for wallets. This gal was a challenge to light. She had a very ample and full face and had to use shadows to slim it somewhat.

With these hockey shots, I attempted to get a bit of an edge to them as hockey would dictate but still maintain some femininity.

In all candor, do you think I pulled it off?

i-xGCJkzX-L.jpg

i-n8VHqrK-L.jpg

And just because Diva loves this scene so much, I'm gonna throw it in! :D

i-XjZ2vhr-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2012
    I love the warmth and richness of you're shots Bryce. I like the burn job on #1, forces the eye back to her, on #2 I want to wander somewhat. Absorbing #3 lol. Awesome compression.
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2012
    I'm not sure on either hockey shot Bryce. The first one looks weird to me. Almost looks like a bad composite job. The 2nd is better but I like the tones on her face in the first a lot more. However, in either case, I keep asking myself, why is this gal in an alley, smiling at me while holding a hockey stick?
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2012
    I'm not sure on either hockey shot Bryce. The first one looks weird to me. Almost looks like a bad composite job. The 2nd is better but I like the tones on her face in the first a lot more. However, in either case, I keep asking myself, why is this gal in an alley, smiling at me while holding a hockey stick?

Bet you haven't spent much time in a old time professional hockey rink.

That's the hallway outside of the dressing rooms. Sheesh, how these Corona drinkers think!:D
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2012
    Bet you haven't spent much time in a old time professional hockey rink.

That's the hallway outside of the dressing rooms. Sheesh, how these Corona drinkers think!:D

Baseball and boxing Bryce. Cubans don't know jack about any other sports. :D
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2012
    Baseball and boxing Bryce. Cubans don't know jack about any other sports. :D

Aren't there a couple pretty good soccer (football) players from Cuba?

This image may be more to your liking...

i-PTtjz93-L.jpg
  • Options
    CloudOnMyTongueCloudOnMyTongue Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2012
    I really like the one with the rink in the background.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,919 moderator
    edited August 21, 2012
    Not crazy about any of the hockey shots. Maybe if she were dressed they'd work better but they all look overly posed to me.
    There are some crazy shadows too.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2012
    I actually like the hockey shots, fyou accomplished what you were trying to go for. #1 would be my pick. I think she will be very pleased.
  • Options
    divmedic4divmedic4 Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2012
    Hi Bryce. As a parent and hockey fan, I would say #1 is great. Between her hair, nails and your lighting, I think she looks plenty feminine while the letterman jacket and stick acknowledge she is also an athlete. I also think it looks much better with the wall as the background because it resonates more that the stick is hers. With the rink as the background, she could very well just be a fan that got a souvenir from the game. For what it's worth, I asked my daughter if she liked it and she said I need to learn how to shoot that good.
    Canon 7D, Sigma 17-70, Sigma 70-200 2.8 OS, EF 50 1.8 II, 430EXII

Tom
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2012
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 22, 2012
    I like the first and third shots the best. The highlights on her face look at little hot on #2.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2012
    Thanks for taking the time to comment folks, I'll let you know which version she prefers when she comes in to look at them on Friday!

Thanks again.
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2012
    zoomer wrote: »
    Yeah I think you pulled it off. Pretty girl.
    15524779-Ti.gif
    1, 3 is really lovely.
    Michael