Untitled 21/08/2012

lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited August 23, 2012 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2012
    I think the cityscape and water behind him is absolutely wonderful.

BUT I wish that the walking man was doing something more interesting.

Looks like a great place to park and look for photo opportunities. thumb.gif
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2012
    I think Mark is correct that this looks like a great place to wait for great images. But I like the subject doing nothing but walking. There's a wonderful sense of isolation here, of separation from the crowded city.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    I think Mark is correct that this looks like a great place to wait for great images. But I like the subject doing nothing but walking. There's a wonderful sense of isolation here, of separation from the crowded city.

When I saw this, I liked the processing and the perspective, but thought "just a man walking". But considering BD's comment I can see isolation as the theme in more ways than one, there is the separation from the city, the loneliness, the headphones...

Good capture, great PP!
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2012
    MarkR wrote: »
    I think the cityscape and water behind him is absolutely wonderful.

BUT I wish that the walking man was doing something more interesting.

Looks like a great place to park and look for photo opportunities. thumb.gif
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Juano wrote: »
    When I saw this, I liked the processing and the perspective, but thought "just a man walking". But considering BD's comment I can see isolation as the theme in more ways than one, there is the separation from the city, the loneliness, the headphones...

Good capture, great PP!

Thank you gentlemen ! for the the comments. I passed by this individual in a crosswalk going the opposite way,sometime earlier . I noticed him right away because of the way he carried himself,hands clenched together in front, eyes and head tilted, looking downward. He projected an energy that is difficult to describe, I got the notion that he lived in a semi protected environment,something different than what the majority of people encounter each day.He may have been lonely,but I sensed contentment. I didn't talk to him,so I don't know what his story is,but I think isolation describes this well,but in a good way I suppose.