Options

Melissa (Bikini Alert)

kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
edited August 22, 2012 in People
I did some shooting for an event sponsored by a local talent agency. I brought my single Alien Bees B800, and a Canon speedlight and had about five minutes to shoot each model. I thought Melissa was pretty unique.

i-Qw4Cx74-XL.jpg

i-6TzHp8B-XL.jpg

i-QgrtSp6-XL.jpg

i-wnhBJQV-XL.jpg

i-gDSxTh4-XL.jpg

C&Cs are welcome and thanks for looking!

-joel

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2012
    I'm probably in the minority, but I just can't get past the stick-insect figure to "see" the photographic specifics. She's so very thin, that I think I would prefer seeing poses which emphasised and expanded her curves rather than her angles. She has a really interesting shape face, and I think you got that in #4, although that one could possibly use a little processing love to make it pop and even out the different light levels in each eye.

Nothing here to slam you - the photos seem technically fine. And I appreciate that this body type is one that makes a ton of money modelling. It's just not something I personally care for, so take comments with large grain of salt!
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2012
    Buy the girl a burger and fries!

That said she is different and the photography captures the look.

Sam
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2012
    divamum wrote: »
    I'm probably in the minority, but I just can't get past the stick-insect figure to "see" the photographic specifics. She's so very thin, that I think I would prefer seeing poses which emphasised and expanded her curves rather than her angles. She has a really interesting shape face, and I think you got that in #4, although that one could possibly use a little processing love to make it pop and even out the different light levels in each eye.

Nothing here to slam you - the photos seem technically fine. And I appreciate that this body type is one that makes a ton of money modelling. It's just not something I personally care for, so take comments with large grain of salt!
    Very, very well said.

From the technical standpoint, I find the shots great. but the physical condition of the model is.. like Diva said. she is so very thin.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2012
    Sam wrote: »
    Buy the girl a burger and fries!

A couple of milkshakes on top of that wouldn't hurt either!

I really like the lighting with the minimal equipment you brought. Done very well. Most of the poses look good too. I just can't get past the waif like figure.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2012
    Thanks for the comments, Diva, Sam, Foques and Bryce! There were plenty of more traditional curvy-figured models at the event. And when this gal walked in I thought she was out of place. But then I fell in love with her posing and what she does with her skinny little body. We talked about it, and she's kind of made a specialty out of the angular poses she does to accentuate her stick-figure, not hide it. It's her own thing which separates her from the pack. Personally, I absolutely love it. iloveyou.gif

I find it fascinating that I'm in the minority here but that's totally cool. I always thought my tastes ran a little off the mainstream and this just proves it. :D
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2012
    BTW, I'm glad ya'll like the photography. That's the most important thing for me.

Sam, capturing her look is exactly what I was trying to do. So that's a big compliment.

Bryce, thanks for the kind words on the minimalistic lighting.

Foques, glad you like the shots.

Divamum, glad you liked the photography overall. I debated whether to even out the eye lighting and then decided against it. I think it adds to the quirkiness.
  • Options
    RolfRolf Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2012
    I'm new here but the poses look a little awkward.The lightning is nice however.