Today's offerings

bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
edited August 24, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Autumn took me to lunch for my birthday...

DSF1836-XL.jpg

Curse you, screen!

DSF1831-X2.jpg

The artist

DSF1839-X2.jpg
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2012
    Beautiful portrait ! Number two is simply marvelous ! Happy Birthday !
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2012
    Thanks, Mr. Mole! :-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2012
    I love love love the second shot, but if only it'd been shifted slightly left and down. Epic.

Happy belated b-day!
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2012
    michswiss wrote: »
    I love love love the second shot, but if only it'd been shifted slightly left and down. Epic.

Happy belated b-day!

2nd shot-- wish that the dog's eyes were in sharper focus, the screen and cat's butt don't need to be in focus for impact, but ...
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2012
    Jenn - NO question. ;-) Mark, then it would be more a photo of the dogs - who, God know, I do not photographically neglect. But while I do agree with Jenn that I should have shot a bit lower and lefter, to get all of both dog's heads, I focused on the screen because I wanted the soft, slightly abstract look that provides.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

edited August 24, 2012
    I just was attracted to the sad dog look. I've been given feline equivelant of "the high hat" (back turned, tail in the air), that I know what that dog is going through.
    edited August 24, 2012
    I realy dont kneed to c anymoore of the of dogs face anymoor than you you need the cerrect spilling to mak out this centance. The first dog seems to be the leader and the second one keeps me guessing,is he/she just a partner in crime ? What exactly is the seconds dogs involvement? My view is if more of the dogs were showing it would become more about the dogs,and just too conventional IMO .
    edited August 24, 2012
    lensmole wrote: »
    I realy dont kneed to c anymoore of the of dogs face anymoor than you you need the cerrect spilling to mak out this centance. The first dog seems to be the leader and the second one keeps me guessing,is he/she just a partner in crime ? What exactly is the seconds dogs involvement? My view is if more of the dogs were showing it would become more about the dogs,and just too conventional IMO .

I agree that I don't want to see more of the dogs. I like just the eyes and that typical dog "what'd I do?" look. It's those eyes, that reaction to the closed screen door and the nonchalant cat strolling away, that is the center of the story. Which is why I think it's a pity that it's OOF.
    edited August 24, 2012
    MarkR wrote: »
    I agree that I don't want to see more of the dogs. I like just the eyes and that typical dog "what'd I do?" look. It's those eyes, that reaction to the closed screen door and the nonchalant cat strolling away, that is the center of the story. Which is why I think it's a pity that it's OOF.

The dogs provide a story ,but the focal points,texture and lines are a major part of the design . That's why I think it is marvelous.